Application Tool Kit

Help on debugging

HI,
How can I debug android application ,I can't write anything on web view please help me debug

I tried with setDevOptionEnabled(true, true); but didn't worked

Disappointed due to inactivity of admin and MyScript support.

Hello,
We would be happy to help you! As you downloaded iOS and Android packages, could you please give us more details?
-Which widget do you use?
-Do you an error message or some logs?
-did you download the certificate as mentioned in our documentation?
Best regards

Hi Cate,
Im using Math widget and downloaded certificate as per instruction(https://atk.myscript.com) I'm not getting any error logs that is why Im asking you how to enable logs.
I don't know what is happening I couldn't write on Math widget and I didn't see any error logs as well
Thanks

Thanks for your feedback. Do you have the same issue with the sample we provide?

I didn't tried your sample and I am pretty sure that sample will work perfect but I need things to work in my application.

1.Is it impossible to debug what is happening with application or to know why its not working.
2.Do you want me to attach apk with this thread.
3.We have a huge scope with your library and we really liked it,Please give some clue how to fix.

Thanks

Unfortunately, it is not possible to enable logs. However, you could add some logs at each recognition steps like we do in our sample. Do you succeed to configure the widget? And what about the recognition process?

@Override
public void onConfigurationBegin()
{
if (DBG)
Log.d(TAG, "Equation configuration begins");
}

@Override
public void onConfigurationEnd(final boolean success)
{
if (DBG)
{
if (success)
Log.d(TAG, "Equation configuration succeeded");
else
Log.d(TAG, "Equation configuration failed (" + mWidget.getErrorString() + ")");
}

if (DBG)
{
if (success)
Log.d(TAG, "Equation configuration loaded successfully");
else
Log.d(
TAG,
"Equation configuration error - did you copy the equation resources to your SD card? ("
+ mWidget.getErrorString() + ")");
}

// Notify user using dialog box
if (!success)
showErrorDlg(DIALOG_ERROR_RESSOURCE);

public void onRecognitionBegin()
{
if (DBG)
Log.d(TAG, "Equation recognition begins");
}

@Override
public void onRecognitionEnd()
{
if (DBG)
Log.d(TAG, "Equation recognition end");
}

Hope it could help.
Best regards

Hi Cate,
Sorry for trouble but non of the override methods triggering so I'm afraid debug statements kind of waste.

I feel developer kept so many debugging statements inside library which can be enabled by _setDevOptionEnabled(true, true); but that is in MathWidget class and for end user its not accessible

I couldn't write anything on Math widget so failing recognition ,

Basically I m trying to bind java library in Xamarin(http://xamarin.com) to create a cross platform application but java certificate is array of signed byte to achieve this i have to convert it to sbyte[] again to byte[] for My Script library during this Im doubting library not able to validate certificate .

Can you suggest me any better way to do this or any error logs present inside jar also useful ..

Thanks

Hi,
I am sorry, but we don't support Xamarin at the moment. Please accept our apologies for this limitation.
Best regards

This is most dumb answer I ever had .You are not even trying to understand what Im doing ,Im not asking you to support Xamarin ..Apologies

Dear Zaggu,

be assured that we are doing our best to understand your use-case.

Nevertheless, as said earlier, it is not possible to activate any internal log that could help debugging.

Also, regarding the Xamarin environment, we do not support it, and do not even know if the MyScript ATK can run on it. Indeed, due to the multiple environments that exist, it is not possible to try all of these, which is why we decided to focus on the Eclipse environnment on Android.

We keep investigating your issue, and will keep you updated as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Oliver,

Thank you Cate for adding those logs into methods I really appreciate that and apologies for last reply,I found out some error logs can you please enlighten me how can I resolve this

Note:I ran some trials to check whether java byte array and C# byte array matching or not I found out they are matching so this rules out probability of java certificate issue.

Logs
05-22 17:29:29.760: I/CalculatorViewController(19082): configureRecognizer: Calculator
05-22 17:29:29.765: D/Recognizer(19082): Load recognizer resources
05-22 17:29:29.775: D/MotionRecognitionService(2261): ssp status : false
05-22 17:29:29.780: D/WindowManager(2261): mInputFocus is not null.
05-22 17:29:29.785: E/webview(19082): registerForStylusPenEvent onAttachedToWindow
05-22 17:29:29.785: E/webview(19082): registerForStylusPenEvent START
05-22 17:29:29.785: E/webview(19082): registerForStylusPenEvent END
05-22 17:29:29.790: I/StylusListener(19082): Engine configured !
05-22 17:29:29.790: D/StylusListener(19082): Engine configuration error:10
05-22 17:29:29.790: D/Recognizer(19082): configurationError

Specially --- StylusListener: Engine configuration error:10

Thanks a lot in advance..
Regards,

Dear Zaggu,

regarding the certificate in C#, it should be formatted this way:
public sealed class MyCertificate
{
/// <summary>
/// Read only property that returns the bytes of the user certificate.
/// </summary>
///
/// <value>
/// The bytes of the user certificate.
/// </value>
public static sbyte[] Bytes
{
get
{
 return BYTES;
}
}

/// <summary>
/// The bytes of the user certificate.
/// </summary>
private static readonly sbyte[] BYTES = new sbyte[]{...

For the Engine configuration error, we keep you updated.

Best regards,

Olivier

Thank you very Much Oliver but Certificate is fine, can you tell me what is error code 10
Regards,

Dear Zaggu,

can you confirm you attached the sdk-lib project in your project?

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment