MyScript App Challenge

Accounting Education learning tool

I am an accounting student. There is an accounting concept called for T-Accounts. It is a fundamental concept and building block in accounting. Currently the only way to do a T-Account is as a sketch. I would like to be able to do it as a diagram.

This a The Cash T-ACCOUNT. The left side, debit side is a positive of 2000.The right side, credit side is a negative 100. The balance in the account is 1900. All T-accounts have debits on the left, credits on the right and a balance.

The full functionality would be draw a T account, write in numbers on either side of center line, and then when you draw the bottom horizontal line the program would sum and post the results beneath the horizontal line, which could be on the left or right of center line.

The convert function would convert to a nice diagram with numbers.

If interested and need more information contact me at

Just an idea on a Saturday morning.

1 Comment

Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting us, and the idea you showed us.

Currently, none of our solutions offer the ability to recognize such use-case, as mixing Text, Math and Shapes into the same document.

One solution may be to have a document in which you only recognize Math (or digits), i.e. Text and areas are pre-defined in your document.

Feel free to contact us if you have any update.

Best regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment