Application Tool Kit

Visual Studio 2017 and ATK compatibility

Visual Studio 2017 official version is now available for developers and you may face an issue to restore ATK nuget and use properly our ATK package:

You may get the following error message:

'Not found https://api.nuget.org/v"-flatcontainer/myscript.atk....'

Unable to resolve 'MyScript .Atk.....Widget.uwp....'

Luckily there is a workaround using the nuget in command line mode:  

• For instance, if you have deployed the ATK package in the folder: c:/MyScriptDev
  • The nuget file are then located in c:/MyScriptDev/Packages
  • The whole solution MyScript Application ToolKit Samples.sln is located in c:/MyScriptDev/Samples
  • open a cmd console to call nuget restore this way: nuget restore -Source "nuget directory" "full path of MyScript\ Application\ ToolKit\ Samples.sln": 

nuget restore -Source c:\MyScriptDev\Packages "c:\MyScriptDev\Samples\MyScript Application ToolKit Samples.sln" 

I tried the command line, but still showing the same error...

C:\Tony\LX>nuget restore -Source C:\Tony\LX\MyScript_ATK_Windows\Packages "C:\Tony\LX\MyScript_ATK_Windows\Samples\MyScript Application ToolKit Samples.sln" MSBuild auto-detection: using msbuild version '15.1.1012.6693' from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\bin'. Restoring packages for C:\Tony\LX\MyScript_ATK_Windows\Samples\DiagramWidgetSample\DiagramWidgetSample\project.json... Restoring packages for C:\Tony\LX\MyScript_ATK_Windows\Samples\MathWidgetSample\MathWidgetSample\project.json... Restoring packages for C:\Tony\LX\MyScript_ATK_Windows\Samples\GeometryWidgetSample\GeometryWidgetSample\project.json... Restoring packages for C:\Tony\LX\MyScript_ATK_Windows\Samples\MyCertificate\MyScript.Certificate\project.json... Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0'. Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0'. Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-arm)'. Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-arm-aot)'. Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x64)'. Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-arm)'.

1 person likes this

Hi Tony,

Can you please check the same command from the folder C:\Tony\LX\MyScript_ATK_Windows\Packages using "cd C:\Tony\LX\MyScript_ATK_Windows".

Can you also check if in the folder "Packages" if you have these nugets :

-MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp

-MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp

Thanks

Maria - MyScript Support Team

您好:我也是使用的VS2017,编译结果出现同样错误,不知道如何解决?

Dear Yang Jingwei,

did you launch the following command line, as explained above: nuget restore -Source c:\MyScriptDev\Packages "c:\MyScriptDev\Samples\MyScript Application ToolKit Samples.sln"

Best regards,

Olivier

您好:

是的,执行了你说的那个命令,结果如下图;

Packages:

另外项目运行环境:VS Enterprise2017+Win10(10.0.14393.0)

Dear Yang Jingwei,

I am a bit puzzled regarding this.

Can you please try again to re-deploy the packages?

Did you try on another computer?

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear:

I've tried everything I can think of on my computer.

I wonder if the packages are incompatible with my system environment.

Do you have the latest relevant packages there?

Can I try them on? Thank you very much for your help

Dear Yang Jiinwei,

Did you try on a Windows with an English interface? Indeed, maybe the asian Windows are likely to be the cause.

At present, we do not plan an update of the ATK.

Best regards,

Olivier

I'm using VS2017 in all English environment and getting the same error messages when I attempt to run nuget from the command line. Here's the first part of a very long error message e

nuget restore -Source C:\Users\m\source\repos\Packages "C:\Users\m\source\repos\Samples\MyScript Application ToolKit Samples.sln"
MSBuild auto-detection: using msbuild version '15.3.409.57025' from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\bin'.
Restoring packages for C:\Users\m\source\repos\Samples\GeometryWidgetSample\GeometryWidgetSample\project.json...
Restoring packages for C:\Users\m\source\repos\Samples\MyCertificate\MyScript.Certificate\project.json...
Restoring packages for C:\Users\m\source\repos\Samples\DiagramWidgetSample\DiagramWidgetSample\project.json...
Restoring packages for C:\Users\m\source\repos\Samples\MathWidgetSample\MathWidgetSample\project.json...
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.DiagramWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.DiagramWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-arm)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.DiagramWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-arm-aot)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-arm)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.DiagramWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x64)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.DiagramWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x64-aot)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.DiagramWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x86)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.DiagramWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x86-aot)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-arm-aot)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x64)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x64-aot)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-arm)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-arm-aot)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x64)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x64-aot)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x86)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x86-aot)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x86)'.
Unable to resolve 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.uwp (>= 1.0.0)' for 'UAP,Version=v10.0 (win10-x86-aot)'.
Committing restore...
Committing restore...
Committing restore...
Committing restore...

I was getting the above messages and decided to strip out everything and reload myscript. I did that and still got the same error messages after a complete reinstall following the video. There are some differences in the vs2017 package manage interface versus the vs2015 interface that's in the video so perhaps that's the problem?

In any event, I can't get a sample to compile in vs2017 after following the video's instructions followed by the  nuget restore ... process documented here.

BTW, I tried Maria's suggestion of changing the current directory to the package directory and re-executing but no luck there either.

One thing that may be going on is I develop in user space. I am not running as an administrator by default in my environment.  I have complete control of the directories in my user folder but perhaps nuget is doing something outside of my user directory that's failing due to security restrictions?

Dear Michael,

Indeed, the tests we did above were in admin mode. Maybe this is the reason.

Otherwise, if possible, we recommend using the Visual Studio 2015.

On our side, we do not plan any update of the ATK.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hello,

I had similar issue in VS 2017, and i downloaded VS 2015 and still had some version issue. I managed to open solution by modfying project.json files with actual version names of atk nugets, where it was originally:

"MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp": "1.0.0.*"

to

"MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp": "1.1.0.*"

Since version of MyScript.Atk.GeometryWidget.uwp is 1.1.0.273

Hope it helps

Login or Signup to post a comment