Application Tool Kit

MyScript MathWidget for windows 10 does not work

I tried it before and it worked. I removed it and haven't used it for some time. I tried it again on the same app (same certificate and package name) and now writing won't work.

I simply followed the guide again like I did before. I put a delegate and a

Debug.WriteLine("PenDown")

on the PenDownHandler, PenUpHandler and PenMoveHandler and it won't print anything. But when I add a delegate to the PointerPressed, PointerReleased and PointerMove it prints something, so it actually detects events, but I think the events are being ignored by MathWidget.

At first in XAML there is an error:

Cannot deserialize metadata type list as 'AnimatedControl' was not found in namespace 'MyScript.Atk.MathWidget.Animations'

But the app still builds and runs. But when I stop the app and look at the XAML again the error is changed to:

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
I can't remember if it had an error last time (when it worked)

Dear Virgil,

thank you for contacting us.

In your console, it appears you have the following message: "Mismatch between certificate and application..."

It seems to be the reason why the certificate cannot be registered properly. Could you please check again the package name that can be found in Package.appxmanifest (Packaging tab)?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the reply.

The messages in my console appeared on April 16. That was when my app showed a dialog saying my certificate is invalid. I already changed my certificate on that day. After changing, the dialog and the messages in the console stopped appearing. On I tried the widget after that and it didn't work. I also tried it in April 17 (yesterday), same thing. There are no console messages on April 17. This is proof that the console messages are not related to the problem.

Thanks,

Virgil

Dear Virgil,

In order to investigate further, I would need you project. Indeed, the above information doesn't help much.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I hope you can investigate this. Here is a XXX to my project.

Thanks,

Virgil

Dear Virgil,

I am sorry but I am stuck with your application.

I am indeed able to build and start your application, without any error message. Nevertheless, the application opens on a blank "DerivePad" pad window, and I can not do anything more.

What may be the reason?

Best regards,

Olivier
Hi Olivier,
Now I have 3 licenses consumed out of 40. So a license was consumed after you installed the app. I don't know if that means MyScript was working properly. Anyway, thanks for the help.
- Virgil
Dear Virgil,

indeed, as I was able to start your project, it is likely a license was consumed.

On my side, I did not got any error message but could not input anything in the opening window.

On your side, are you using Visual Studio 2015 or 2017 ? If Visual Studio 2017, can you please try to deploy manually the nuget packages: https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000008938?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

No, I am using Visual Studio 2015.

Thanks,

Virgil

Are you sure this is not a bug from the ATK?

I created a new application in the ATK dashboard. Then I changed the package name of the app, then used a new cerificate... now it works even if the code wasn't changed. It HAS to be a bug with the ATK. But anyway, thanks for the help.

I found something consistent.

The widget works but when I close it and run it again from the IDE, it won't work. Then when I change the size of the window, it works. It happens every time I repeat these actions.

Widget works -> Close app -> Run from IDE -> Widget doesn't work -> Change size of window -> Widget works

Though I haven't tried it on another app because I don't want my free licenses to run out.

Login or Signup to post a comment