Application Tool Kit

ATK for WPF Desktop Application

As far as I can tell, ATK is only available for UWP application on Windows platform. Is there an option for WPF desktop application?

I know that there are a few ways to port a WPF app into a UWP app using Desktop Bridge or something similar. But as far as I know, I won't be able to further modify the code after the port is done as it produced a UWP package/setup. Let me know if I'm wrong about this.

I guess my real question is, is there any way at all for me to integrate MyScript into a WPF desktop application on Windows platform? Even if it means I have to do some porting process, if there is any way at all for me to integrate MyScript into my WPF app, then please provide me the detailed guidance.

Thank you.

Dear Gilford,

thank you for contacting us and the interest you show to our products.

Currently, the ATK is not compatible with the WPF desktop application. At present we do not plan to update the ATK, so we are not likely to support the WPF plateform.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

Thank you for your swift response. Ok, so it is confirmed that it's incompatible with WPF desktop application. But is there any round about method like porting the WPF desktop application to a UWP package and then integrate the ATK?

Thank you.

Regards,

Gilford

Dear Gilford,

as the native dlls of the ATK UWP are not compatible with desktop applications, the WPF will not run on Desktop OS. This would also imply to review all the architecture of the UWP.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

Not even Desktop Bridge could help solve this?

Regards,

Gilford

Dear Gilford,

We never tried a Desktop bridge, but for the reasons above, it is not likely it will work.

Nevertheless, you can give a try, but keep in mind the aboce recommendations.

Best regards,

Olivier
Login or Signup to post a comment