iink SDK on Device

Answered

Have some doubt regarding documentation about INK SDK.

Hello, 

I am interested in single line Text Block integration in my application "handwriting recognition"

I have gone through following documentation for detailing :

1.  In features I have referred Text block session. 
  2.  Developer Guide.

And also cloned the Github examples repository for more understanding. Still I don't have sound clarification or understanding about how to implement Text Block.

Is there any additional document for developer which describes how to implement single line Text Block for handwriting recognition?

Best Answer

Dear hrushishinde7,

The documentation you reference is quite exhaustive regarding the Interactive Ink functionalities.

To implement the Text Block functionality you refer to, you should consider the following opertions:

- create a ContentPart of type "Text" for each handwriting recognition block, and associate it with an Editor.

- when user starts writing, detect which Text Block is being edited and send the events to the associated editor

You can use the view transform settings or a custom offset to ensure the strokes are properly positioned.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Answer

Dear hrushishinde7,

The documentation you reference is quite exhaustive regarding the Interactive Ink functionalities.

To implement the Text Block functionality you refer to, you should consider the following opertions:

- create a ContentPart of type "Text" for each handwriting recognition block, and associate it with an Editor.

- when user starts writing, detect which Text Block is being edited and send the events to the associated editor

You can use the view transform settings or a custom offset to ensure the strokes are properly positioned.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,