Interactive Ink

Answered

Mixed text and math in one editor

Is it possible to recognize a mix of freeform text and math within a single editor?  Basically, I'd like the user to be able to input math annotated with short sentences, ideally without having to switch up front between the two kinds of input.

The MyScript site says that it enables "free-format handwriting—including a mix of text, graphics, mathematical expressions, and music within documents" but all the iink API docs (and the web demos provided) imply that I need to set a single recognizer type for each widget.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Dear Piotr,

With iink SDK, you can mix Math and Text in a single document by using the "Text Document" part type. However, this requires to explicitly add Math blocks where you want to write math content. That's typically the behavior you get with our Nebo application.

Mix of Math and Text within a single paragraph is not possible yet.

Best regards

Gildas

Dear Piyush,

yes, if writing xyz 100mg in one sentence, il will be able to recognize it.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

So if I write 

XYZ 100mg 

in one sentence, it will be able to recognize it?

Piyush

Dear Piyush,

yes, it will be able to recognize both if both are in the lexicon.

Best regards,

Olivier

If I create a lexicon XYZ and 100mg will it be able to recognize XYZ 100mg

Dear Piyush,

currently, for the "XYZ 50mg", the easier is that you create a custom lexicon, containing things such as "50mg 100mg...", and then attach it to your configuration:

-https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.2/android/advanced/custom-recognition/

-https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.2/android/advanced/build-custom-resources/#lexicon

For the "XYZ 10" recognized as XYZ to, unfortunately, we do not have much option as present. The ideal would be that digits are "properly written".

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi,

We are working on an android application. For that we need to be able to enter text along with numbers.

However when I enter "XYZ 50mg" it gives correct representation as XYZ 50mg

but as soon we make it "XYZ 50mg tab" it converts it to XYZ song tab

ALso, if I write something like XYZ 10, it converts it to XYZ to

Is there a way to fix this?

Piyush

Got it, thanks.

Answer

Dear Piotr,

With iink SDK, you can mix Math and Text in a single document by using the "Text Document" part type. However, this requires to explicitly add Math blocks where you want to write math content. That's typically the behavior you get with our Nebo application.

Mix of Math and Text within a single paragraph is not possible yet.

Best regards

Gildas