Interactive Ink

unable to convert pointerEvents to text in android or accurately at MyScriptJS

I have been trying to convert x-y coordinates obtained from the wacom clipboard my handwritten text-

i have converted it to PointerEvents as-

follows as how i obtained pointer events array from clipboard strokes

pointerEvents2[k] = new PointerEvent(PointerEventType.CANCEL, saved_strokes.get(i)[j].x, saved_strokes.get(i)[j].y, saved_strokes.get(i)[j].timestampInMillis, 1.0f, PointerType.PEN, 1);

editor.pointerEvents(pointerEvents2,false);
editor.waitForIdle();
try {
editor.export_(null, MimeType.TEXT);
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

*Editor have been initialised and all but i still get error at editor.pointerEvents(pointerEvents2,false);

Please help me out where it got wrong.

I also tried same text points conversion on MyScriptJs but it isn't accurate with words its doing fine with the characters-

at-

https://myscript.github.io/MyScriptJS/examples/v4/pointer_events.html

txt

1 person has this question

Dear Olivier,

Thanks for your reply and support.

My problem is resolve now  , the problem is not due to text.guides.enable but it arising  due to wrong "Raw points " and "Pointer events".

i am converting "Wacom Bamboo Device" Stroke to text.

now i am moving forward to next task. 

i will let u know if i need your further support.

it  will pleasure if you provide any your contact info so that i can contact you there for further assistance.

Thanks Once Again.

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj Tyagi

Dear Pankaj,

thank you for the update.

Indeed, when getting strokes from an external device, conversion to pointerEvents shall be done very carefully.

it  will pleasure if you provide any your contact info so that i can contact you there for further assistance.

>>Developer portal users are only entitled to our forum for any technical question.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

I am getting problem in adding my own resource file .

Also i am not able to see my last post posted a day ago.

[EMAIL removed, only forum contact]

Thanks & Regards 

Pankaj Tyagi

Dear Pankaj,

did you follow the instructions in the "Advanced -> Custom recognition" part of the documentation: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.2/web/advanced/custom-recognition/

Also, did you give a try to the REST API: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.2/web/rest/architecture/

The latter may better match your expectations.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

Thanks for your Reply.

I think the link you provided me in last post is for web platform.

I am using this for android app with wacom babmoo smart pad.

I have done with adding own resource file by your support.

Now i have one question :

After exporting JIIX format label(" actual word") and candidates appear .I completed with this and show label and candidates on view(my app custom view).

but now i want know that if i don't find my written and expected word in the candidate list then how to change that word .

Is there  only way that is to add own resource or any other way is also there.

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj Tyagi 

Dear Pankaj,

thank you for your question.

If I understand well, after export to JIIX, you would like to modify the "label" of the JIIX with a candidate that is not among the candidates of the JIIX and import this JIIX? This is not possible, you can only update the label with one of the candidates.

Nevertheless, if writing a word that is not among our standard lexicons, adding a custom lexicon is likely to help recognize it (e.g. medical terms, or abbreviations). This can be done as indicated in our documentation.

Please note that the 1.3 release of the iink that is to be released shortly (within few days) will have the possibility to compile lexicons on the device.

I think the link you provided me in last post is for web platform.

>>We were not sure you were using the native our Cloud version of the iink.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

Good morning

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, you exactly got my point what i was trying to saying.

Nevertheless, if writing a word that is not among our standard lexicons, adding a custom lexicon is likely to help recognize it (e.g. medical terms, or abbreviations). This can be done as indicated in our documentation.

>> Yes, I already done it.

Please note that the 1.3 release of the iink that is to be released shortly (within few days) will have the possibility to compile lexicons on the device.

>> That's a good news. Best wishes for your next release. Eagerly waiting for next release.

We were not sure you were using the native our Cloud version of the iink.

>>No ,I am not using this.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Pankaj Tyagi

Login or Signup to post a comment