Interactive Ink

EditorViewController: how to disable certain editor functionality?

Right now, if I circle a block of handwritten text, then it will clear all of the content in the editor almost like an erase/delete function. Is it possible to delete that or can you show me where in the code you implemented that?

Thank you.

Dear Maximilian,

thank you for your question.

Currently, which version of the iink are you using? Indeed, this behavior was rather occuring the version 1.1 of the iink SDK.

With the latest 1.2 version, it is no longer likely to occur. Can you please try to upgrade and let us know?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I'm using the latest version of "MyScriptInteractiveInk-UIReferenceImplementation"

s.dependency 'MyScriptInteractiveInk-Runtime', '1.2.2'

Dear Maximilian,

Is it possible to have a video showing the behavior.

This will help.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Maximilian,

I am just updating this post, as I was able to reproduce but only in a Math part. In Text and Text Document parts, it all went fine.

Indeed, in a Math part, when writing text on several lines, waiting a couple of seconds and circle this text, it is removed.

As this is not a "normal" use-case (writing several lines of text in a math part), no change will be done for this behavior.

Best regards,

Olivier

Okay so is it possible for a developer to disable that feature maybe in a configuration file or via setting a property false? It is not needed in my application. Or if I can generate the points myself, is there an API that I can send the points to without having to use your SDK?

Dear Maximilian,

Currently, you did not answer the question if you were facing this in a "Text" or "Text Document" part? Indeed, if in these, can you please provide us a video which shows the behavior?

If in a "Math" part, the question is why are you writing text in a Math part? Indeed, writing text in a "Math" part is not likely to be satisfying ; as said above, nothing can be done to change this behavior, and we do not plan to do any update.

Please explain.

Best regards,

Olivier

Yes, I am using a Math part to work out a multi-line equation.

Am I misusing the Math part? Is it meant to only write on a single line?

Dear Maximilian,

Currently, in a Math part, you can indeed write several lines of equation, this use-case works fine.

But on our side, we were only able to reproduce when writing words in a Math part, then surrounding these. We were not able to reproduce when writing "Math" (e.g. equations, digits...). Can you confirm you are in this case? if no, can you please provide us a video?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment