iink SDK on Device

Answered

Invalid certificate on iOS

Hello,

I have a problem with the certificate. I created my app with my identifier in the portal, changed the app id in the GetStartedSwift example project and replaced MyCertificate.c with the one from the portal. Everything works fine there. In my real project, though, I get the "Invalid certificate" error.

A few things to note:

- In the AppDelegate I have the exact same code as in the example

- Data(bytes: myCertificate.bytes, count: myCertificate.length) seems to be correctly initialized with the content of MyCertificate.c

- I integrated your library manually, because we're not using cocoapods (btw, carthage support please?). Maybe I'm missing some step here? But I don't get the relation with these.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Davide

Best Answer

Dear Davide,

Thank you for the update.

Currently, are you able to build our samples (I recommend you start with the "getStarted")?

Following our getStarted, it normally works out of the box: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.3/ios/fundamentals/get-started/

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Davide,

thank you for contacting us and your question.

Unfortunately, without your project, it is difficult to say what is causing the issue, but it is likely the framework was not properly added.

You then understand we recommend you get the framwework using cocoapods, and check the differences in between both projects.

Best regards,

Olivier

Thanks for you reply Oliver. Since it's always difficult to extract a sample project, what if we do the other way around and you provide a sample project with manual integration in it? Would that be feasible? I think this would help other people that can't use cocoapods like us.

Thank you,

Davide

Dear Davide,

currently, we are a bit puzzled you cannot use cocoapods? Is it due to an internal policy?

Indeed, you only need to get the iink environment once. Then, you no longer need it?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hey Olivier,

sorry, I missed your reply here. It's not an internal policy, but since we're using Carthage in order to get a faster build times, we can't really start using Cocoapods too. They don't know their dependencies each other, therefore we risk issues.

I'm not sure I understand you comment "you only need to get the iink environment once". I know I need to get your sdk from cocoapods and I already did that. My issue is with the integration without cocoapods. It doesn't seem to work, probably because I'm missing something in the build settings. Can't you provide a sample project with your sdk manually integrated?

Thanks

Davide

Answer

Dear Davide,

Thank you for the update.

Currently, are you able to build our samples (I recommend you start with the "getStarted")?

Following our getStarted, it normally works out of the box: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.3/ios/fundamentals/get-started/

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

actually, I just found out the issue: https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000022261#post-16000040341

Maybe you could add these instructions in your guide to help others that may have the same issue.

Basically, for a manul installation, you just have to add the files from IInkUIReferenceImplementation and MyScriptInteractiveInk-Runtime to your project, then change the order as you stated in the other post. No other actions needed.

Thanks!

Best,

Davide

Dear Davide,

thank you for the update.

I note your remark to update the documentation.

Best regards,

Olivier