Math

Answered

Recognition Correctness Problem

Hello:

I wrote a 38.9, trajectory as shown in the following figure, but identified as 389, what is the matter?

Best Answer

Dear Jiquan Qing,

Thank you for contacting us and pointing this behavior.

Currently, several things occur in this:

-First, the comma appears to be too high, and looks more like the "minus" symbol

-The 9 is too tall compared to the other digits

-And last, it appears we do a filtering, which removes your ink in between the 8 and 9 (your comma).

Nevertheless, the filtering doesn't occur if doing a proper comma and a 9 with a size similar to the 3 and 8. We then recommend to have a "good" ink quality.

Best regards,

Olivier

Answer

Dear Jiquan Qing,

Thank you for contacting us and pointing this behavior.

Currently, several things occur in this:

-First, the comma appears to be too high, and looks more like the "minus" symbol

-The 9 is too tall compared to the other digits

-And last, it appears we do a filtering, which removes your ink in between the 8 and 9 (your comma).

Nevertheless, the filtering doesn't occur if doing a proper comma and a 9 with a size similar to the 3 and 8. We then recommend to have a "good" ink quality.

Best regards,

Olivier

Olivier ,Thank you for your reply.

So it seems that we need as much standard input as possible in order to identify better.

Dear Jiquan Qing,

currently, the recommendation we usually provide is to have an ink that is recognizable by a human being.

Honestly, for such ink, I would read "38-9" ; as the "-" is tool small, I would not consider it "minus" for sure.

Also, character size should be consistent.

Best regards,

Olivier