iink SDK on Device

Answered

How do I know which stroke has been erased?

For example, the user first draw three lines, and then erases one of them with PointerType.ERASER. 

So how do I know which line was erased?

I only get the contentChanged called,  but it doesn't tell me which line was erased.

Thanks and best wishes.

Best Answer

Dear Cheng Kong,

thank you for contacting us and your question.

Would it be possible to learn more about your use-case?

Indeed, at present, the only way to make the match in between a recognized ink and the strokes is to export as JJIX.

Exporting as JIIX before and after erasing the ink and compare both JIIX would in theory allow to see which strokes/part of ink was removed.

If you give a try to this, you will see JIIX is quite complex and make it difficult to compare. So I am afraid these is no easy solution.

Knowing more about what you want to achieve may help us think of another solution.

Best regards,

Olivier

Answer

Dear Cheng Kong,

thank you for contacting us and your question.

Would it be possible to learn more about your use-case?

Indeed, at present, the only way to make the match in between a recognized ink and the strokes is to export as JJIX.

Exporting as JIIX before and after erasing the ink and compare both JIIX would in theory allow to see which strokes/part of ink was removed.

If you give a try to this, you will see JIIX is quite complex and make it difficult to compare. So I am afraid these is no easy solution.

Knowing more about what you want to achieve may help us think of another solution.

Best regards,

Olivier

thanks for your response, and let me expand on what I want to achieve.

In my application, when the user has finished writing, I generate a special format based on what the user has written, and it only takes a very short time. So my application already has my own inking capacities including eraser. 

But after Interactive Ink SDK has take over the writing and eraser, things get difficult. I use custom Ink to draw strokes but I can't custom the eraser. This mean I can't generate the format I need as before if the user used the eraser function because I know which stroke has been erased.

I have tried using exporting a  JIIX file first and then generate my own file using JIIX, but it takes too long time. If you can let us customize the erasing algorithm or tell us which stroke has been erased, this problem will be solved easily.

So any suggestions?

I think, If you can allow us to customize the handwriting ink, why not let us customize the eraser ?