Text

How to get text iOS

When i draw the "A" letter can i get that text  after recognition for show in my custom UITEXTVIEW in iOS SDK?

Dear Kannan,

This error is due to the fact that "UITableViewCell" cannot contain "UIViewController".

So if you want to use "iink" in "UITableView", you cannot use the UI Reference implementation as it is, since it uses "UIViewController".

You have to implement your own UI implementation and replace all "UIViewController" by "UIView".

Regards,

Gwenaëlle

Hi Gwelnaelle,

Thanks for response.

Yes ,we can't add the UIViewController to the UITableViewCell.

But we can add the UIViewController's View.Add that EditorViewController's View But it doesn't make any change in UITableviewCell.(Only Blank page showed in UITableviewCell.Didn't show any lines)

My "CellForRowAtIndexPath"(Tableview Datasource method) Code was:

var cell: WritingSummaryNewTableViewCell? = (tableView.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: "WritingSummaryNewTableViewCell") as? WritingSummaryNewTableViewCell)

let storyboard = UIStoryboard(name: "Main", bundle: nil)

cell?.editorVC  = storyboard.instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: "EditorViewController") as! EditorViewController

self.addChildViewController(cell!.editorVC )

setupEditorsVC(editorsVC: cell!.editorVC)

cell?.writingBase_View.addSubview(cell!.editorVC.view)

cell?.editorVC.didMove(toParentViewController: self)

cell?.writingHgt_Constrnt.constant = 200

setupEditorsVC Function Code Was:

var getVC = editorsVC

getVC = childViewControllers.first as! EditorViewController

let appDelegate = UIApplication.shared.delegate as! AppDelegate

getVC.engine = appDelegate.engine

getVC.inputMode = .forcePen

do {

if let package = try createPackage(packageName: "New") {

try getVC.editor.part = package.getPartAt(0)

}

} catch {

print("Error while creating package : " + error.localizedDescription)

}

getVC.editor.delegate = self

What's problem in my method.How can we achieve that feature?

Hi Gwelnaelle,

Above my query was solved.But I have another problem.

My writing view(EditorViewController's View) was imported in my UITableviewCell.

1) When i draw something in my writing view there are no drawing lines was formed in writing view.But editor engine show the letters what i draw in writing view.

Ex:If i draw letter "A" there are no sketch line was formed in writing view but my editor engine show the letter "A".

2) If i put that writing view in my UITableviewCell and i draw the some letter on vertical type at that time UITableview was scroll to bottom.I can't able to write the any letter in that writing view because UITableview's scroll was activated when i try to draw something in writing view.

how can i solve this two issues?

Hi Kannan,

It looks like you are having a problem with your rendering.

Please take a look at https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.3/ios/fundamentals/rendering/#layer

Best regards,

Gwenaëlle

Hi Gwelnaelle,

I was lookup that above link.But i didn't get any solutions for that(Rendering).

I have attached  my project source code Github link below here,

https://github.com/kannan333/hello-world.git

Can you help me?

Hi Gwelnaelle, I was lookup that above link.But i didn't get any solutions for that(Rendering). I have attached my project source code Github link below here, https://github.com/kannan333/hello-world.git Can you help me?

Dear Kannan,

please follow the instructions given by Gwenaelle, i.e. you cannot use the UI Reference implementation as it is, since it uses "UIViewController".

Please note we will not update your code, the idea is that we help you when you have questions, not that we develop for you.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your response.

Imported text size was too large.Can i change that imported text's size to small?

Dear Kannan,

when you say that imported text is too large, I am not sur to understand:

-Are you using the "import" function, and the length of the text that is imported is much longer than your field can afford?

-Or you are using a batch mode and the strokes are too big?

-Or anything else?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,  

Actually i want to import the text into the writing area by following code,

try editorViewController.editor.import_(.text, data:"Sample Text", block: nil)

But the text size was too large.How can i reduce that text?

Dear Kannan,

did you try changing the font-size parameter: https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000026063 ?

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment