Application Tool Kit

Answered

Myscript and Wacom Bamboo Slate conversion issue

Hi,

I am not able to convert Ink Document object returned by Bamboo slate to correct OCR.

I have integrated SDK for batch mode stroke processing. Its working for sample data but i am facing issue with my data. I followed the document mentioned here: https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000026713.

Please find attached file. I am attaching my data json file, android code and image (which was created for this JSON). Please suggest.

Myscript export output is 

± ☺

:

f . T ☹ + r > -

] e n ro r r o - o - - go D t n s ' - - r ÷ { v o - y s O N s + - O t v s v e ±

java
json

Best Answer

Dear Pankak,

thank you for your question.

Looking at the ink you provide to the iink, it appears to be vertical:

Can you please ensure you provide iink with horizontal ink? This way, it should be better recognized.

Also, in your code, I noticed you set the resolution of your "recognition device" when creating the renderer: engine.createRenderer(displayMetrics.xdpi, displayMetrics.ydpi, null);

=> Can you please get the resolution of your writing device, and set it instead? It is indeed likely to get a better accuracy.

Best regards,

Olivier

Answer

Dear Pankak,

thank you for your question.

Looking at the ink you provide to the iink, it appears to be vertical:

Can you please ensure you provide iink with horizontal ink? This way, it should be better recognized.

Also, in your code, I noticed you set the resolution of your "recognition device" when creating the renderer: engine.createRenderer(displayMetrics.xdpi, displayMetrics.ydpi, null);

=> Can you please get the resolution of your writing device, and set it instead? It is indeed likely to get a better accuracy.

Best regards,

Olivier

Thanks Olivier. Wacom handwriting output is generating vertical image. I am not modifying JSON when saving. 

Let me try if i can save coordinate for horizontal ink. Please let me know if you also have any suggestion regarding this.