Text

Stop the grammatical sentence auto correction.

I'm not getting the exact content which i written on the writing area.

Ex:

If i wrote "Dolo 650mg" and then when i continue further as "Tab" then the previous letter which i wrote  "Dolo 650mg" was turned into "Dolo broong",Because of this issue we would like to turn off the grammatical auto correction,To get the exact result."Tab" is properly recognized but "Dolo 650mg" is  turned into  "Dolo broong".

Let us know how to switch off the grammatical auto correction only?

Dear Kannan,

Currently, the answer is the same than in the topic you created 3 weeks ago: https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000027802

Do you leave enough space in between? Is the ink properly written? If that case, indeed there is no reason recognition is not correct.

On our side, we have no possibility to remove the "lexical attraction", but if ink is properly written, there should not have major issues.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Oliver,

Yes i leave enough space between them.INK is also properly written.

May i know my script should auto correct the previous word while i'm writing a new word.?

Because that was my problem.

Ex:

When i'm writing "Dolo 650mg" it should be converted correctly.But i go to write the next word ("Tab") that previous word "Dolo 650mg" converted into the "Dolo broong".

My issue was why that correctly converted previous word was change into to new one while i'm writing next one.

How can i stop that?

Dear Kannan,

Can I have the configuration of your "text" part, and the lexicon you attach (the res file, so that I can see on my side).

For example, here is the default configuration:

Name: text
Type: Text
Configuration-Script:
 AddResource en_US/en_US-ak-cur.res
 AddResource en_US/en_US-lk-text.res
 EnableAlienCharacters
 SetTextListSize 1
 SetWordListSize 5
 SetCharListSize 1

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Sure My lexicon part code was:

Name: medicinecustom

Type: Text

Configuration-Script:

AddResource en_US/en_US-ak-cur.res

AddResource en_US/HandwritingDrugfile1.res

AddResource en_US/HandwritingDrugfile2.res

AddResource en_US/HandwritingDrugfile3.res

AddResource en_US/HW_Extraroutfreanddays.res

AddResource en_US/HWRouteTabFre.res

AddResource en_US/en_US-lk-text.res

EnableAlienCharacters

SetTextListSize 1

SetWordListSize 5

SetCharListSize 1

My Lexicon Files google download link was following there,

Dear Kannan,

I tried with your configuration and the corresponding resources, which I set under our "getStarted" sample, and it works fine, I am not able to reproduce the behavior you are facing.

Do you properly set the margins of your field? Is the field "large enough"? Is the resolution properly set?...

Would it be possible to have a video, this may help understand.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi,

I have not set any margin.yes, that filed is set to size enough.

I have share my video's link following there,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1402o4eUKmTWod_6TLJ0OWY45YQRf68lN

Dear Kannan,

without knowing your exact implementation, it is difficult to provide with an accurate asnwer.

How do you separate the fields of your form? Do you create a view and an editor per field? Are these properly set?...?

Our recommendations are the following ones:

-In the initEditor function, set the margins to 0:

double horizontalMarginMM = 0;
double verticalMarginMM = 0;

-If this doesn't work, try to properly separate the fields of your form, and create one editor per field. This way, each editor will be independant, and such use-case will not occur. We have the "exercise-assessment" Android sample (we do not have an iOS one) that shows how to deal with several editors. This will help understand how you can switch from one editor to the other, in order to prevent from the use-case you are facing.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi,

That separate filed was create by me. But that will not affect the editor engine's function.

That separate view also not inside the displayviewcontroller view.

So there is no chance to affect the editor engine's functionality.

I have also set the margin's to 0 by following code,

IINKConfiguration *conf = self.engine.configuration;

double horizontalMarginMM = 0;

double verticalMarginMM = 0;

That code does not work.

And also i need an only one editor engine for all fields.

I don't want separate editor engines for separate fields.

I'm using the "TEXT" format so i need an single editor engine.

Dear Kannan,

after viewing again the video, I think I understood where the behavior comes from. The ink of "TAB" appears to be slightly below the "Dolo 650 mg". This changes the "reference guideline" (the latter is computed internally), and as the result has not been "frozen", the previous result is updated.

To prevent from this, you can proceed as follows:

-After "Dolo 650mg" has been written, you call the editor.convert function. This way, the previous recognized result will not change.

-Or, you can add lines on your canvas (these do not need to be acitvated), which may indicate the user he shall follows these (if he does not, the result will still be the same...)

-Or, you use several editors, as done in our "exercise-assessment" sample. This is the solution I would recommend.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi,

I think that "TAB" word was written straight to "Dolo 650mg" .

I have tried it mutiple time but getting the same result as shown in the video.

1) I have tried your first solution.But i want to know the my trying way was correctly?

My code was following there,

do{

try editorViewController.editor.convert(editorViewController.editor.rootBlock, targetState: .handwriting)

}

catch{

}

But that one was not worked.

2) I think i'm not written the "TAB" word was slightly.So we don't need to add line in my canvas.Because that was not problem

3) I need to implement in the "TEXT" part.Not in "TEXT DOCUMENT" part.Because multiple editor engine only available in the "TEXT DOCUMENT" part.

Dear Kannan,

I am insisiting, the best way to prevent this from occurring is to use multiple editors.

For this purpose, our "exercise-assessment" is providing an example. It only uses Text and Math parts (not Text Document): https://github.com/MyScript/interactive-ink-additional-examples-android/tree/master/java/samples/exercise-assessment

Please refer to the latter to implement multiple editors with Text parts in your application. Any other solution based on single editor is likely to behave as you have already seen previously.

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment