iink SDK on Device

Answered

Why android recognition content is too slow?

Dear,

Good day.      

I refer to 'batchmode' for handwriting recognition, use "editor.pointerDown" to set the recognition content, and "editor.export_ (null, MimeType.TEXT)" method to output the result. If the recognition content is long, the recognition speed is particularly slow. My side is Android, which is more than twice as slow as the iOS content of the same content. What is the reason?I have debugged, mainly "editor.pointerDown" and the final recognition is time consuming.

Any questions please kindly contact with me.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Carlos

Best Answer

Dear Dovy Zou,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, what has to be kept in mind is that the text recognition is a very demanding process, and is highly dependant on the hardware. The more powerful, the bigger the RAM, the more cache memory, the faster the recognition will be.

Based on tests we did internally, on similar hardware, performances are basically similar in between all our platforms (iOS, Android, windows)...

Best regards,

Olivier

1 Comment

Answer

Dear Dovy Zou,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, what has to be kept in mind is that the text recognition is a very demanding process, and is highly dependant on the hardware. The more powerful, the bigger the RAM, the more cache memory, the faster the recognition will be.

Based on tests we did internally, on similar hardware, performances are basically similar in between all our platforms (iOS, Android, windows)...

Best regards,

Olivier