iink SDK on Device

Answered

Android bundle MyScript crashing create engine(2)

Hi

sorry in my previous post, it seems I make a mistake, I didn't use a bundle to test, I use APK to test so it works.

could you please help to check, this will seems to happen on your demo project on github.

when I use bundle and even I use the sample as below ( I am sure I've already use a correct certificate which got from your developer portal ):

1. https://github.com/MyScript/interactive-ink-additional-examples-android

2. https://github.com/MyScript/interactive-ink-examples-android

it will fail.

and it will get the error page on the app:

Best Answer

Dear Herman,

we are insisting you try with the gradle 3.2.1.

At present, it is the only difference we can see. As said earlier, on my side, I was able to deploy the default getStarted setting the "APK from app bundle" installation option configuration.

Can you check also with the latter?

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Herman,,

Thank you for this post.

currently, I just tried to reproduce, setting the "APK from app bundle" installation option configuration, and it worked out of the box.

Currently, which version of the gradle Android build tools are you using? The 3.2.1: com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.2.1

Indeed, newer version may cause such behavior. Can you please try, and let us kknow if it works?

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Herman,

Also, did you try on another device, or on a virtual device? Is it working?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

the gradle version which I use is 3.6.2, even I change to previous version is 3.4.2, I haven't tested on 3.2.1.

and for sure this also happened on different device, because I upload the bundle to google play store and user feedback the app will show black screen after launched.

thanks.

Answer

Dear Herman,

we are insisting you try with the gradle 3.2.1.

At present, it is the only difference we can see. As said earlier, on my side, I was able to deploy the default getStarted setting the "APK from app bundle" installation option configuration.

Can you check also with the latter?

Best regards,

Olivier