iink SDK on Device

Answered

SmartGuideViewController isn't visible

Hi,

I noticed that SmartGuideViewController is visible only the first time I open IINKContentPackage with partType "Text Document". On the other hand, when I use type "Text" it works all the time. You can test this even with GettingStartedSwift example with following modifications:

1. Inside Main.storyboard add UIViewController between UINavigationController and HomeViewController and make it rootViewController of UINavigationController.
  2. Add UIButton and connect new segue that pushes HomeViewController to navigation stack when pressed. This way we open up HomeViewController on button press
  3. Inside HomeViewController override back button with custom button. Inside button's selector save written content and pop viewController from navigation stack.
  4. In HomeViewController's createPackage(packageName:) function change createPart("Text") to createPart("Text Document").
  5. First time when you enter HomeViewController you will see SmartGuideViewController while you write. Press back in order to save the content.
  6. Press on button inside UIViewController to enter HomeViewController -> you can write normally with Apple Pencil but no SmartGuideVC.
  7. Restart the app and enter HomeVC. First time you will see SmartGuideVC but second time it won't be visible any more.

Can you please help me solve this problem?

Thanks,
Josip

Best Answer

Dear Josip,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, the smartGuideView is diplayed when calling the "scrollRectToVisible" function in the SmartGuideWordViewController.mm file (line 469).

As the source of the source of the IInkUIReferenceImplementation is provided for a demo purpose, you can set a breakpoint, see why you do not go in the corresponding code. it could be caused by an error, or the smartGuideView not properly initialized....

Best regards,

Olivier

1 Comment

Answer

Dear Josip,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, the smartGuideView is diplayed when calling the "scrollRectToVisible" function in the SmartGuideWordViewController.mm file (line 469).

As the source of the source of the IInkUIReferenceImplementation is provided for a demo purpose, you can set a breakpoint, see why you do not go in the corresponding code. it could be caused by an error, or the smartGuideView not properly initialized....

Best regards,

Olivier