Math

Answered

Error in Conversion

There appears to be a problem with conversion that didn't take place before. 

The written text doesn't all disappear. Each time the conversion is done, the displayed text increases in size? This didn't happen yesterday, but for some reason it's occurring today?

Best Answer

Dear Viz,

from your latest video, if I understand well, you would expect our solution adapts the font size to the size of the ink?

Currently, this cannot be done, by default our converted result displays the result to the default font-size (which of course you can tune).

To come back to the issue you pointed above (result size increases each time), it look s like you are changing the font-size each time you call the convert function. Can you please check this?

Also, can you please updated to our latest iinkJS, that was released recently? Indeed, looking at the source of you page, it appears you are using the legacy MyScriptJS which was released a while ago.

Best regards,

Olivier

This problem seems to be happening on my App, but not on your webdemo. I'm using version 4, your webdemo appears to be using version 3. Not sure if this makes a difference? Any help would be much appreciated.

Actually the same error appears on your webdemo. The handwritten text doesn't all disappear.

Dear V Sindroja,

thank you for contacting us.

We were able to reproduce on our side, we will investigate. At present, we cannot commit when this will be solved.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier, thank you for your help. I was wondering if any progress has been made on this? This issue is difficult to work with as the conversion is acting in a crazy way. 

Dear V Sindroja,

currently, this appears to be related to SVG patch, and is very difficult to solve. We cannot commit if/when we will be able to solve this.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

Thank you for your reply to the above issue. I'm a bit concerned about the ability to fix the issue. What ever updates that have been made, the animated conversion is not correct, the underlying string that is returned works incredibly well but the on screen appearance is glitchy. The app that I'm developing heavily depends on the onscreen appearance. Is it possibly to switch to the previous version SVG as that was working exactly as expected. 

Many Thanks, V

Dear V Sindroja,

at present, unless last minute issue occurs, it should be solved beginning of next week.

Best regards,

Olivier

Thank you very much.

Viz

Dear Viz,

can you please give a try, and see if issue is solved?

We indeed did changes that normally solve the behavior.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier, the hand written text is disappearing as before, however the size of the converted text increases each time a request is being made. For example: if I write 2x+1, each time I press a button to convert it without making any changes, the converted text keeps increasing in size, it doesn't stay fixed as it was doing before. 

Many thanks for your help, 

from V

Dear Viz,

currently, we are facing difficulties understanding what is happening in your application.

Can you please provide a video, so that we better understand what is happening?

Best regards,

Olivier

Video Demonstrating the Issue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Vfgsp8tTbJSkLVa-f8sXcpjooAMkGHi/view?usp=sharing

Hi Olivier,

this is a video demonstrating what is happening. I hope the link works.

from Viz

Dear Viz,

thank you for the video.

We are a bit puzzled as we are not able to reproduce using our math examples that uses our latest iinkJS: https://www.lemath.org/questioncreator.php?successloggedin

Source is available here: https://github.com/MyScript/iinkJS/blob/master/examples/v4/websocket_math_iink.html

What differs in your code compared to ours? Did you do any specific change? Could we have a project that allows to reproduce?

Best regards,

Olivier

Thank you again.

Here is a link to an example of what my app does (the project that I'm working on). Students would have to write the answer on the screen on the right hand side. They do the entire working out (in any order) and the programme will determine if they get it right or wrong, or if they have made a mistake.

https://www.lemath.org/mainPage.html?questionType=quadraticSimultaneousEquGrpbtnList&title=Quadratic%20Simultaneous%20Equations

This video demonstrates what the issue is. Video Link

from Viz