iink SDK on Device

Answered

about the license

There are the following questions about the license:

1 How to apply for a license for an application developed by an individual developer?

2 Where can I purchase for the license required for an application developed by an individual developer for my  APP user?

3 Is there a trial period for the licenses required for applications developed by individual developers? How many days if there is a trial period?

4 Is the license still valid after OS reinstallation?

5 Can the license certificate be valid for a long time without internet? (Need to check regularly on the Internet, if the Internet cannot be connected for more than 30 days, it will be regarded as an invalid certificate)

6 ATK test license pack: Is this 100 free licenses in an individual developer account -> dash ? How long is the validity period?

https://atk.myscript.com/#/user/runtimeList?userId=...

Transaction date Transaction ID Cartridge size

Created on Jun 12, 2020 ATK test license pack 100

Best Answer

Dear Dong Fang,

thank you for contacting us and your questions. To answer these:
1-How to apply for a license for an application developed by an individual developer?
The easier is that you re-create an account on ATK: http://atk.myscript.com. On this new account:
-create a new application-Open this application

-Create certificate-Select the platform (Android, iOS, Windows), and enter the identifier of your application (you do not need to create a new one, juste enter the one of your already created application)

-Download your certificate, add it into your project, and re-build

2-Where can I purchase for the license required for an application developed by an individual developer for my APP user?
you can use the following "Request a quote" link: https://developer.myscript.com/contact/quote-on-device-hwr
I will also forward your request to our sales contact.

3-Is there a trial period for the licenses required for applications developed by individual developers? How many days if there is a trial period?
I guess you mean, if a person installs the application, is not satisfied and uninstall it, will a license be discounted?
In that case, if the application had time to install a definitive license, then the license has been discounted and cannot be gotten back.

4- Is the license still valid after OS reinstallation?
Do you mean an OS update, or a factory reset? In the first case, the license is still valid, in the case of factory reset, when installing again the application, a new license will be counted.

5-Can the license certificate be valid for a long time without internet? (Need to check regularly on the Internet, if the Internet cannot be connected for more than 30 days, it will be regarded as an invalid certificate)
Currently, after first installation, the license will try to connect via the internet to our license server to get an unlimited license. If it cannot connect, at each application start, it will try again to connect.
After 30 days, if it could not connect, the application will no longer be able to start ; all you need is an internet connection, start again, and it will get an unlimited license.
Once the unlimited license has been installed, no more connection will be done to our license server.

6- ATK test license pack: Is this 100 free licenses in an individual developer account -> dash ? How long is the validity period?
The licenses are given for free ; there is no limit on these, and can be used as "normal licenses".

Let us know if this answers your questions.

Best regards,

Olivier

1 Comment

Answer

Dear Dong Fang,

thank you for contacting us and your questions. To answer these:
1-How to apply for a license for an application developed by an individual developer?
The easier is that you re-create an account on ATK: http://atk.myscript.com. On this new account:
-create a new application-Open this application

-Create certificate-Select the platform (Android, iOS, Windows), and enter the identifier of your application (you do not need to create a new one, juste enter the one of your already created application)

-Download your certificate, add it into your project, and re-build

2-Where can I purchase for the license required for an application developed by an individual developer for my APP user?
you can use the following "Request a quote" link: https://developer.myscript.com/contact/quote-on-device-hwr
I will also forward your request to our sales contact.

3-Is there a trial period for the licenses required for applications developed by individual developers? How many days if there is a trial period?
I guess you mean, if a person installs the application, is not satisfied and uninstall it, will a license be discounted?
In that case, if the application had time to install a definitive license, then the license has been discounted and cannot be gotten back.

4- Is the license still valid after OS reinstallation?
Do you mean an OS update, or a factory reset? In the first case, the license is still valid, in the case of factory reset, when installing again the application, a new license will be counted.

5-Can the license certificate be valid for a long time without internet? (Need to check regularly on the Internet, if the Internet cannot be connected for more than 30 days, it will be regarded as an invalid certificate)
Currently, after first installation, the license will try to connect via the internet to our license server to get an unlimited license. If it cannot connect, at each application start, it will try again to connect.
After 30 days, if it could not connect, the application will no longer be able to start ; all you need is an internet connection, start again, and it will get an unlimited license.
Once the unlimited license has been installed, no more connection will be done to our license server.

6- ATK test license pack: Is this 100 free licenses in an individual developer account -> dash ? How long is the validity period?
The licenses are given for free ; there is no limit on these, and can be used as "normal licenses".

Let us know if this answers your questions.

Best regards,

Olivier