iink SDK on Device

Answered

Handwriting recognition rates are not high on Android devices

Hello

I downloaded the language package first and then conf.setString("lang", "zh_CN") and run GetStated module. I used my finger to write Chinese on android devices, which was not very accurate. Is it because I didn't use a particular pen?

Best Answer

Dear Customer,

If Chinese is mixed with English, the solution is to set the Chinese language, which is able to recognize English words mixed with Chinese.

Nevertheless, please note that if you want to recognize "English only", it will not be as accurate as using the English language.

Best regards,

Olivier

Recognition of English, the accuracy is very high. Perhaps the accuracy depends on the language package.

Dear Customer,

We are a bit puzzled as accuracy in Chinese is very high, such as in English.

Are you writing on the guidelines? Otherwise,  did you try to deactivate these, setting the "text.guides.enable" configuration to false: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.4/reference/configuration/#text ?

Best regards,

Olivier

1 person likes this

Thank you very much! I have another problem here, randomly write Chinese or English, can only identify the configured language. We need to recognize Both Chinese and English on the same drawing board, how should we do it?

Answer

Dear Customer,

If Chinese is mixed with English, the solution is to set the Chinese language, which is able to recognize English words mixed with Chinese.

Nevertheless, please note that if you want to recognize "English only", it will not be as accurate as using the English language.

Best regards,

Olivier