iink SDK on Device

Answered

Batch processing about gesture, only supports pointerEvents?

Now I want to convert some annotation to digital text, but i don't need the ui control by script.

If user delete the annotation, how can we consider delete which digital text?

If user expand the view to 2.0 size, the pointerEvents is also worked?

Best Answer

Dear User,

what do you mean by abnormal strokes? You mean "any non-text" ink?

In that case, if in a text part, the iink will try to recognize it, but wil return anything... The only solution is that you do not provide with such ink, so that the iink doesn't try to recognize it

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear User,

currently, if processing the ink as a batch, the gestures cannot be recognized. We indeed recommend the processGestures is set to false when calling the pointerEvents function: https://developer.myscript.com/refguides/interactive-ink/android/1.4/com/myscript/iink/Editor.html#pointerEvents-com.myscript.iink.PointerEvent:A-boolean-

If the user wants to delete, the solution if to use the incremental input, and use a renderer (the easier to start is to use the uireference implementation we provide, and then tune it according to your needs).

If user expand the view to 2.0 size, the pointerEvents is also worked? 

>>Can you please provide more explanation? I am not sure to understand your use-case.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier:

Thank you for reply.

>If the user wants to delete, the solution if to use the incremental input, and use a renderer (the easier to start is to use the uireference implementation we provide, and then tune it >according to your needs).

what is incremental input? Can you give me some example?

>>Can you please provide more explanation? I am not sure to understand your use-case.

I think it is OK for resize the screen size to draw.

Dear User,

In order to use the incremental input, you shall add the strokes as shown in the documentation: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.4/android/fundamentals/editing/#incremental-input

Or you can also refer to the "handleOnTouchForPointer" function of the InputController.java file, in which we add the strokes (Incremental input is the default way the strokes are added in our samples). Please note that the idea is to add the strokes as soon as they are written,not a posteriori.

I think it is OK for resize the screen size to draw.

>>You can re-size the screen, but on your side, but this will not change the line-height or font-size. If you need this, please tune the styling accordingly.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier:

Thank you for help. I got message upper.

And another question, Can we use the myscript to transfer whole pdf file to digital text? If the pdf file has a lot of pages and a lot of content about strokes?

Brs

Dear User,

Thank you for your question.

No, our solution is not able to read data from images or PDF. MyScript can only read digital ink: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/concepts/digital-ink-vs-ocr/

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier:

Thank you for help.

And another question, if some abnormal strokes can not be recognized as text, what will myscript will return for me?

Brs

Brs

Answer

Dear User,

what do you mean by abnormal strokes? You mean "any non-text" ink?

In that case, if in a text part, the iink will try to recognize it, but wil return anything... The only solution is that you do not provide with such ink, so that the iink doesn't try to recognize it

Best regards,

Olivier