Text

Answered

Android 1.5.1 SDK, After I call the method convert() to convert to text, can also erase the original handwriting ink?

Now, I have a problem。

I have two pages. The first page is responsible for handwriting drawing, collecting handwriting points and sending them to SDK.  The second page is responsible for transcribing the collection points.  After converting to text by calling convert(), go back to the first page and erase the original handwriting point, but it has not been erased, how to solve this problem  

Best Answer

Dear Gw_2601,

Currently, I am facing difficulties understand how your architectured your application.

If I understand well, you have page 1 in which you enter strokes, then page 2 that displays the converted result. The latter page 2 uses the uireferenceimplementation?

Based on this, I guess your page 1 doesn't use the iink, you simply get the strokes, and once you have these, you simply use the batch or incremental API to add the strokes? Am I right?

If so, in that case, there is no reason calling the convert clears the strokes. The solution is therefore you call the Android drawColor function to your page 1 to clear the strokes.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Gw_2601,

Thank you for your question.

Currently, without knowing your implementation, it is difficult to provide an accurate answer.

Are you using our uireferenceimplementation in your strokes page ? If so, calling the "clear" function should work: https://developer.myscript.com/refguides/interactive-ink/android/1.5/com/myscript/iink/Editor.html#clear--

Otherwise, if not using the uireferenceimplementation, you can simply use the Android drawColor function?

If this doesn't help, please give more information about your implementation, so that we can provide with a more accurate answer.

Best regards,

Olivier

My second page is using your uireferenceimplementation ;

After converting to text by calling convert(), go back to the first page and erase the original handwriting point. then  go to the second page to convert again, but the erasered points

are also converted.

Answer

Dear Gw_2601,

Currently, I am facing difficulties understand how your architectured your application.

If I understand well, you have page 1 in which you enter strokes, then page 2 that displays the converted result. The latter page 2 uses the uireferenceimplementation?

Based on this, I guess your page 1 doesn't use the iink, you simply get the strokes, and once you have these, you simply use the batch or incremental API to add the strokes? Am I right?

If so, in that case, there is no reason calling the convert clears the strokes. The solution is therefore you call the Android drawColor function to your page 1 to clear the strokes.

Best regards,

Olivier

• Support
  • Forums
  • Text
  • Android 1.5.1 SDK, After I call the method convert() to convert to text, can also erase the original handwriting ink?