General questions

Answered

Number and amount of Cloud Recognition requests.

Using Cloud Recognition, I am creating a web page with multiple input fields on one page.

Iink.Register is performed for each input field.

In this case, will there be one request for each slot?

Is it one request even if I close the page without entering anything?

How much would it cost if I requested a total of 500,000 times on this page alone?

Best Answer

Dear Masui

Thank you for contacting us.

In a first time, I recommend you refer to the "What counts as a request?" section of our pricing page.

In your case, the first point is, do you plan to use the REST API, or the webSocket API.

If using the REST API, then a request will be counted only when sending the request to our servers.

If using the webSocket API, a request will be counted when calling the iink.Register() function (i.e. webSocket opening). We also recommend you proceed as done in our Use "multiple inputs fields" sample  if using the webSocket API.

Regarding the pricing, up to 500k requests, we charge 10$ per bunch of 1k requests, with 2000 requests free per month. For 500K requests in a month, that will then be a total of 4980 $ (you can try the "Estimate your needs" tool on our pricing page).

If you plan more than 500k requests, please let us know, we will forward your request to our sales team, or you can use this link.

Best regards,

Olivier

Answer

Dear Masui

Thank you for contacting us.

In a first time, I recommend you refer to the "What counts as a request?" section of our pricing page.

In your case, the first point is, do you plan to use the REST API, or the webSocket API.

If using the REST API, then a request will be counted only when sending the request to our servers.

If using the webSocket API, a request will be counted when calling the iink.Register() function (i.e. webSocket opening). We also recommend you proceed as done in our Use "multiple inputs fields" sample  if using the webSocket API.

Regarding the pricing, up to 500k requests, we charge 10$ per bunch of 1k requests, with 2000 requests free per month. For 500K requests in a month, that will then be a total of 4980 $ (you can try the "Estimate your needs" tool on our pricing page).

If you plan more than 500k requests, please let us know, we will forward your request to our sales team, or you can use this link.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier

Thank you for the response. 

I am also considering using the On-device SDK, so please give me an estimate of the price.

I would like to create a quiz app for schools using iOS, Android, and Windows.

Best regards.

Dear Masui,

thank you for the update.

For the on-device pricing, you can use the quote-on-device link. Your request will be receveived by our sales team.

Best regards,

Olivier