Text

Answered

Write multiple Japanese characters vertically in textbox, the converted digital text is not correct

Write multiple Japanese characters vertically in textbox, the converted digital text is not correct.
※Write multiple English words vertically in textbox, after converted, sometimes words from different lines are merged into the same line.

Best Answer

Dear User,

thank you for the update. It shows the characters are recognized as one character.

For me, I see several issues:

-First, trying to recognize vertical characters in Japanese is indeed not properly supported

-Also, in between lines, you shall leave "enough space" ; indeed, if the line are too close to each other, it can result that our technology faces difficulties with lines detection

-The box is small, which forces the writer to write "smaller than normal". This can have an impact too

-Also, how did you set the resolution when creating the renderer? Did you set the "writing resolution" of the device? which value did you set?

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear User,

thank you for contacting us.

Basically, there are 2 use-cases:

-The Japanese one: I guess you are trying to recognize "vertical Japanese"? If so, the iink SDK doesn't support the latter, only horizontal Japanese is properly supported. I guess when written too closely, Japanese characters are merged?

-Regarding the English, this can have several reasons:

-First, did you disable the guidelines (this can be done setting the "text.guides.enable" configuration to false)?

If so, do you leave "enough space" in between lines? Indeed, this can result in lines being merged?

Also, what type of device are you writing on? Indeed, if using an Interactive white board, we recommend you tune the resolution  to get a more accurate result: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/latest/android/advanced/interactive-white-board/#tuning-dpi-values

-If you did not disable the guidelines, can you please confirm you write properly on these?

Also, feel free to provide us with screenshot or videos, so that we have a better understanding of the behavior you are facing.

Best regards,

Olivier

Updated

Answer

Dear User,

thank you for the update. It shows the characters are recognized as one character.

For me, I see several issues:

-First, trying to recognize vertical characters in Japanese is indeed not properly supported

-Also, in between lines, you shall leave "enough space" ; indeed, if the line are too close to each other, it can result that our technology faces difficulties with lines detection

-The box is small, which forces the writer to write "smaller than normal". This can have an impact too

-Also, how did you set the resolution when creating the renderer? Did you set the "writing resolution" of the device? which value did you set?

Best regards,

Olivier

• Support
  • Forums
  • Text
  • Write multiple Japanese characters vertically in textbox, the converted digital text is not correct