Text

Answered

The text box is in handwrite state, make any handwriting, use Ink gestures, gestures are not recognized easily

The text box is in handwrite state, make any handwriting, use Ink gestures, gestures are not recognized easily.

Handwrite any multiple characters.

Swipe down (space) or swipe up (combine) between characters with pen.

symptom appears:The gestures “swipe down” and “swipe up” are recognized as number “1” or alphabet “I”.

Best Answer

Dear user,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, in order to better understand the reason you are facing such behavior, we need more context:

-First, I guess you are in Text part? Or Text Document?

-Which language are you using?

-Are you using the iink 1.5?

-What kind of device? A tablet, interactive whiteboard?

-Also, did you try our Nebo application? Are you able to reproduce on the latter?

-How do you provide the strokes to the iink SDK? Are you using the incremental API with the proper timestamp information: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/latest/android/fundamentals/editing/#incremental-input

Indeed, gestures are heavily tested, and we hardly get complaints about these. So please provide with the above information, in particular ensuring the timestamp information is correct.

Best regards,

Olivier

1 Comment

Answer

Dear user,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, in order to better understand the reason you are facing such behavior, we need more context:

-First, I guess you are in Text part? Or Text Document?

-Which language are you using?

-Are you using the iink 1.5?

-What kind of device? A tablet, interactive whiteboard?

-Also, did you try our Nebo application? Are you able to reproduce on the latter?

-How do you provide the strokes to the iink SDK? Are you using the incremental API with the proper timestamp information: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/latest/android/fundamentals/editing/#incremental-input

Indeed, gestures are heavily tested, and we hardly get complaints about these. So please provide with the above information, in particular ensuring the timestamp information is correct.

Best regards,

Olivier

• Support
  • Forums
  • Text
  • The text box is in handwrite state, make any handwriting, use Ink gestures, gestures are not recognized easily