General questions

Tool switching issue

How to map an eraser or lasso tool to a pointer, project based on Android. Currently, only brushes can be used

Hello,

currently, I am not sure to understand your use-case. Are you referring to our Tool Coontroller, that allows to map pointer types to tools; https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/latest/windows/fundamentals/tool-controller ?

Best regards,

Olivier

I have seen two example projects, demo and getstarted, where demo implements switching between multiple tools. However, the demo was written in kotlin, and I used JAVA. Although kotlin and JAVA are similar, I have not encountered kotlin, which makes it difficult for me to read the demo examples.To modify a tool based on the Tool Coontroller class described in the document, it is necessary to bind it to the editor through engine. createEditor. However, if the configuration of some columns such as editorData that were initially written in this way would have to be rewritten, but I have no idea how to do so

Hello,

Indeed, the ToolController is available via our Demo sample.

Switching from Kotlin to Java shall not be a major concern, even online converters can be found.

In the same way, Data binding is now common for Android development, and many tutorials can be found, it shall therefore not be a major difficulty.

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment