General questions

General idea

Hey,

I am still a uni student and the application of myscript is challenging so I reviewed your application (from GitHub) however I could not get how the clipping the image works.
I have a working white board application and I want to use your handwriting system (I want to chose an area as an image) but as I mentioned the code was hard to understand for me can u help (:

Hey Bkarayilan19!

Thank you for contacting us.

I am not sure what you mean by "I want to chose an area as an image": indeed our recognition technology is based on ink strokes not optical character recognition (see https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/2.1/concepts/digital-ink-vs-ocr/)

Could you confirm that what you want to do is perform some recognition based on ink strokes?

Best regards,

Gwenaëlle

Dear MyScript Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am in the process of developing an application that aims to incorporate handwriting recognition functionalities. I have been trying to implement your API for capturing ink strokes and converting them into digital text.

I'm having difficulty implementing a specific feature: the ability for users to capture ink strokes in a "recognition mode" and later decide when to process those strokes into digital text.

I have gone through the available documentation and examples but find them insufficient for my particular use case. I would highly appreciate it if you could provide me with more in-depth examples or direct me to additional resources that may assist in achieving this functionality. Any sample code, or best practices related to ink stroke capturing and handwriting recognition would be extremely helpful.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I am looking forward to your valuable guidance in this matter.

Best regards,

Berat Karayılan

Dear Berat Karayılan,

You can refer to our Demo example that implements the strokes capture and the recognition process. The recognition process takes place as long as you write.

You can then get the recognition result by using the export button, or first convert then export.

Those features are described in the documentation, so we recommend you reading through the documentation, from the GetStarted page.

https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/2.1/android/fundamentals/get-started/

Best regards,

Gwenaëlle

Login or Signup to post a comment