iink SDK on Device

MS Office Clipboard format

Hi, 

I've got a question regarding the MS Office Clipboard export Mime Type.

I wrote this function on my model to export my diagram block content as MS Office clipboard content:

func exportMSOfficeClipboard(diagramBlock: IINKContentBlock) async -> String{

editor?.waitForIdle()

do{
            if let result = try editor?.export(selection: diagramBlock, mimeType: .officeClipboard){
                return result
            } else {
                return ""
            }

}
        catch{
            print(error.localizedDescription)
            return ""
        }
    }

But all it ever returns is "PK". I already tried pasting it into powerpoint to see if it maybe just has invisible characters, but that didn't work either. I also tried converting it first, but that didn't change anything, too.

What did I do wrong?

Thank you

Dear Ludwig,

Thank you for contacting us.

The Microsoft Office clipboard format requires you to use to export in a file:

the export content is saved as a file at a location you define. It is up to you to place it into the clipboard using the Art::GVML ClipFormat key.

For further details, please refer to https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/2.1/overview/import-and-export-formats,

So your code should probably look like:

tryself.editor?.export(selection: diagramBlock,

destinationFile: path,

mimeType: .officeClipboard,,

imagePainter: imagePainter)

You might refer to theexport method of the ExportViewModel class of our Demo code sample, for further details or to the documentation export page.

Best regards,

Gwenaëlle

Dear Gwenaëlle,

Thank you so much for your reply! I changed the code to your suggestion, but the file contents look a bit confusing, like this for example:  

PK‰©fWÍ
Ωfl–	clipboard/drawings/drawing1.xml≠VmO€0˛ŒØ∞¸‹⁄“™-bl†I*
⁄g„8M4«Œl7¥¸˙ùùæ≈1lö÷ï}w~Ó¸‹ã3πZU\õ\…)Óûu0‚í©$óÀ)~yæ=Ωƒ»X**î‰Sº·_ÕN&tº‘¥ÃrÜ@ö1ù‚Ã⁄rLàa/®9S%ó†Kï.®Ö≠^íD”7.Èu:R–\‚Ÿ	B¥Ø‘R¥“˘?†	≈~ډܠäè
∏Ççè≈€X˚?>pY›ÈrQŒıNÊ•Ï°ökî'@)Fí‹/Hh≥=(du,öêàœX€Ì:’≈A‡E*M—zä!ØˇO=_[ƒ¿†?t‡áªÀÓ∞Á7°5ÀˇÄ«≤oãËnv±€/[˜4e@NÛ÷®IwoG∑…h…Q/‡C’‚ú¥qΩÁñ£ê‡cä{˝—`4Ï{bŒ/GùAÔ"fi$|0Ë\åjvŒGùaøE&â&¥‘∆fiqU ∑òbÕô≈-'¥∫7∂
∑;@Juõ—bJHÙu€ÌAh-Fâ<q«ööZßóØ7B£ä
®ˇ√°Y¶(3Zõuk≥ê∞:Ó-`˘ 
ßr÷HØ	ìk◊ã2∏Ø]Q…¶u”WBΩàÔ“¯ä∑ªÖfi-^wS≤€8æß∆Œ©¶^”’>¬_*–©∂+å2•flcrg
¥Ω¡XÑZ˛µ¢öcD%Ò3´wõ´Ωò\å__˚5SEIÌΩ\îÃçùHÇ\<ØP]n´»BU>®ÖÎô2’.(Ø!«`OR]بJÛ÷Yw≤f∂E∏0va7ÇG‡ûŒ√’S≥≠∑*?Ê´$Í…#
–©X -ˇ$bèLªÍ°ÓAÂÚÙeeÚyÈuŒ#T£O{Ì-"÷é»ìOÒúZ¿®uÔ%te0OKÕ
◊îGÊŒÿÕÜõ=FbMûVÜ/ 'òd·Tnv©ªxò.W/Úâß0˝›é*˜ƒÛ=Yî1.m72k=Lùi{n‰ıLSàzoyS%˙"óJ∑fi¿∆ùÍaUÔ&$¯ÄqbgpÙµflb¡Ï7PK‰©fW+∞Zyclipboard/theme/theme1.xmlÂX…n‹8ΩÁ+fi'⁄•n√r‡tª1áå=ò3[{B-Èÿ˛˚%K-Rã§ìâ
ÿ“cÒ±^ó/fl=Ê}âjñïÖèç∑:FQîaV$>˛ÔÓ◊#∆IZëèü"Üfl]Ωπ$Õ™cIÍ.çÚO¡.àèSŒ´Mc¿ÑΩ-´®Ä∂∏¨s¬·µN¥∞&¿üSÕ‘uWÀIV‡´7)\7˛ú	¨AZflÕ(…¡â‚8"‹∂7·g£{kfiŸ€—}!‘«0VX>‹Eè#JáÎÕ÷zM"
 _¢–öôn@–xh turÏ˘l€±›k’SÚf°˚çw„fi∏ÍË√Ó$ ¢∆<ÖÛ~˚~Ô»Jßûf…ìΩ∑∑å)ö±7÷<Õµ#~ßh¨ç=Os8ÏFIV:ı4Œ’Bv<sgO—8#wû∆”ؘ∂7E„hRöüÁIt«µvJÄ•.–!.ÈflÀ,[«>x¶Ã"˜H–-ªgHÿ¸ÖïòìOe};itJxV ˛TE1	†flé–ÏXgËCñ§¸‰GcëÅ°“∞…6·Ìh`·LV¨wÊLn»C∂ëÌ¢v
d˛R„å“[˛D£Lˆûï4–zB[º·ÎS\•(π≠MˆÖûIM’%ˇ?„ÈmJ*…¿ 	ì|ÈQTïf&ñõÊùRÌ⁄§‹ÁÀ∞53ysñ·'C›ô7Ñ$Û÷Ãı&≠öàt*∫4!lV´”¯w>ΩK2dΩ÷ΩûufΩܲÀo◊fifl/∏Eî.¸ÜΩÇàj»±€( Öb∆+À´[HÙï¨Æ’ìHŒíπ&¯[˚Ã≥Ì´K“ª¥õ»zYJ¬hŸÓı¨Ø̬™ëBcÆSÏmæ_X_ã'ŒI¡ZLû¥@pXê «1òW0+åM‡C(‡µ∫>'œ›˘i™ˆπsª™flñ∂ù+•≥(*xT#öÂ∞’Èj 9-&d¶ßˇ:∑˙ÔõœˆmbÜGq|rñöîÅ€∞W∆õÏÒ≥ôFâ(Ô!L∑i¯ÄéÙæ˛ó@Nœπ3∆˚ƒáY=ÿ=N	WN‹È˝U˙∏j)T≥∆ê–*%≠ôªP^µtäm EØM™ü	£À≥·ò~fi√71é≤:®¶™@¡3<¢<}d‘x6>wÊ~5ÿ@˜B&iwt}ÕÒº›Ãõ≠)Ëf‚Ÿ5˝ÿRmñÕ ∞X+√¢Ø
Àk¸^q◊ŒóôrÓõÑ¥»ŸÎ¥©
J‡˝MàÄ0∫æln¢>í
√«p≠äÑ'∏Ø≈Äô3f
ûû/.}¸¸–!fáÙ6VáXbwà›!Ná8‚vàãQs˘∑fi‚F›%"œO"6Bñ|]~ıPK‰©fW9≈ñ›≤+*clipboard/drawings/_rels/drawing1.xml.rels眡
¬0‡W)πªlDd›."xï˘±À∂‚÷ñ∂ä{{Û‡¿Éó@¯…˛≤~M£x≤⁄	EñÉ`£l´M/·⁄ú6{!íii¥Ü%ÆƠè”I¥"&Hbtƒ†û(d÷±IIg˝D1≠æGGÍN=„6œwËø
Xõ‚‹Jhí√ öŸÒ?∏Ì:≠¯h’cb¸¿¯…˜%†µªYÚÌí,≥»íXï∏*YΩPK‰©fWKϘ.∞[Content_Types].xml≠ìÀN√0E˜˝
À[‘∏eÅJ⁄è%∞(0µ'©!~»vK˚˜Lù"PïQu≈˜ŒôπñÌræ5-€`à⁄ŸäOã	gh•S⁄6[<ço9ã	¨Ç÷Y¨¯#üœFÂbÁ12Çm¨¯*%'Dî+4Á—íSª` —24¬É¸Ä≈ıdr#§≥	mß}>1V>`
Î6±«-9]ñ•Òú›w•˚i◊ffl"Îbàjt›Ke}êz˜ÿKëfiú∆öÛ∏≥0o˚±¨R€xÑŘ≠ñê»´él|8¨Ç»\W⁄«+*81%n˙≥ë˛ô›¡xøÿ∫¶A+¸◊^\]kâ …µ!§P>Èjwë^!§g0‘D»V˚•É†ƒ°"~ˇLãGHÙHDÄÏwflüŸ•»nˆPK‰©fWâ:[´¬<_rels/.relsçèªn√0E˜|¡Ω¶ì°(ä»YäYãt.Xâ∂Ö⁄í@©y¸}¥$HÄâÀ{.Œzsú'ÿãfÉ¡e”"H∞—˘0¸fi}æº!‰¬¡ÒÉ<I∆M∑X…ƒ•vÚËSÜ
	Ÿ‡XJz' vîôsìÑöÙQg.ı‘Å€?ÑVm˚JzÀ¿npáÖ≠3ò‘ÔtÎVªSíg6bfl{+—˛œ É)r á*Xë¨ÉÉd'ü~#´ªd◊ßeSÒTùÈN∫;PK‰©fWÍ
Ωfl–	clipboard/drawings/drawing1.xmlPK‰©fW+∞ZySclipboard/theme/theme1.xmlPK‰©fW9≈ñ›≤+*¢clipboard/drawings/_rels/drawing1.xml.relsPK‰©fWKϘ.∞ú[Content_Types].xmlPK‰©fWâ:[´¬<˚	_rels/.relsPKgÊ

and when I paste it into PowerPoint it still only says "PK", even though I drew a box with an "a" in it. I didn't quite understand the "It is up to you to place it into the clipboard using the Art::GVML ClipFormat key." part of your reply and the documentation sadly doesn't provide a specific example, which the ExportViewModel doesn't either. Maybe you could elaborate how to place it into the clipboard using the Art::GVML ClipFormat key. 

I'm so sorry that it takes me so long to understand and thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ludwig

Hi Ludwaig,

Thank you for your update.

I am quite confused by your issue. What do you mean by it still only says "PK": do you mean that the recognition result is not the expected one?

DId you compare the export content with another Mime format, like for instance jiix or svg?

Best regards,

Gwenaëlle

Login or Signup to post a comment