iink SDK on Device

Answered

[Android iink 1.1.2] how to increase the speed of recognition by android device?The user has no way to accept such slow speed.

I use android phone OnePlus 5T which  started selling in 2017.12.01 ,cpu is Dragon 835memory is 6g,Recognize 200 Chinese characters,it take  65 seconds.

so how can I increase the speed?

Best Answer

Hello,

When you have some ink already available and you want to recognize it all at once (for example ink has been captured on paper tablet and you import it on a iOS or Android device), you should rather use `editor.pointerEvents(events, false)`. This should give you much much better performances and accuracy : instead of calling `editor.pointerUp/Down/Move`, store all events in a PointerEvent array and call `editor.pointerEvents(events, false)`.

If after that you want to edit the ink on the device: add new strokes, make gestures, etc, then you should use `editor.pointerUp/Down/Move`.

To save a ContentPackage, just call `contentPackage.save()`, it will create the file name you provided when creating that ContentPackage.

I hope this helps,

Best regards

Gildas

Hello,

We would need a bit more context on the test you perform: do you send all strokes at once, by using `editor.pointerEvents(events, false)` or do you replay some ink at writing speed using `editor.pointerUp/Move/Down`? Can you share the saved content package corresponding to that ink input?

Thanks!

I send the stroke by pointDown,pointMove,pointUp.

how to export the content package you need?

Answer

Hello,

When you have some ink already available and you want to recognize it all at once (for example ink has been captured on paper tablet and you import it on a iOS or Android device), you should rather use `editor.pointerEvents(events, false)`. This should give you much much better performances and accuracy : instead of calling `editor.pointerUp/Down/Move`, store all events in a PointerEvent array and call `editor.pointerEvents(events, false)`.

If after that you want to edit the ink on the device: add new strokes, make gestures, etc, then you should use `editor.pointerUp/Down/Move`.

To save a ContentPackage, just call `contentPackage.save()`, it will create the file name you provided when creating that ContentPackage.

I hope this helps,

Best regards

Gildas

ok ,thank you,I will have  a try. and should I add the start point and end point into  PointerEvent array?should I call pointerEvents() between  pointerDown() and pointerUp?so could you tell me some more details about how to use pointerEvents()?

• Support
  • Forums
  • iink SDK on Device
  • [Android iink 1.1.2] how to increase the speed of recognition by android device?The user has no way to accept such slow speed.