Interactive Ink

could not build Objective-C module 'MyScriptInteractiveInk_Runtime'

Hi Team,

I've been trying to integrate your recent pod in my project, after installing the pod when I run my project I get this error in "Headers/MyScriptInteractiveInk-Runtime-umbrella.h" file-

"'iink/graphics/IINKICanvas.h' file not found

#import "iink/graphics/IINKICanvas.h"

^

<unknown>:0: error: could not build Objective-C module 'MyScriptInteractiveInk_Runtime'"

Can you help me resolve this issue?

Dear Vaishali,

- Have you had errors during "pod install iink" ?

- Can you please check if you run the latest version of cocoapods ?

- You should have a path like this : "Pods/MyScriptInteractiveInk-Runtime/include".

- You need to run the default target from the workspace, not the project.

Best regards,

Maël

Hi Mael,
- Have you had errors during "pod install iink"?   -- Yes, its installed.

- Can you please check if you run the latest version of cocoapods? -- Cocoapod version is 1.5.3
- You need to run the default target from the workspace, not the project.  -- Yes, Running the workspace

- You should have a path like this : "Pods/MyScriptInteractiveInk-Runtime/include". -- Is it a header search path?. Please find the screenshot for header search path of my porject.

Dear Neha,

based on this, it looks like the iink\examples\ios\Frameworks\IInkUIReferenceImplementation\ directory is missing.

Can you confirm you have the MyScriptInteractiveInk-UIReferenceImplementation.podspec file?

Best regards,

Olivier

Yes, it's missing.

How can we add it?

Hi Olivier,
There is a file named "MyScriptInteractiveInk-UIReferenceImplementation.podspec.json", please find the path for it "~/Desktop/Handwritting/interactive-ink-examples-ios/Examples/GetStartedSwift/Pods/Local Podspecs"

Dear Neha,

If proceeding following our on-line documentation, it should work out of the box: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.2/ios/fundamentals/get-started/

After git clone, go to the project you prefer (e.g. cd interactive-ink-examples-ios/Examples/GetStarted) and run pod install.

If the pod file is correct, it should download IInkUIReferenceImplementation by itself. For such purpose, please ensure your podfile contains the following line: pod 'MyScriptInteractiveInk-UIReferenceImplementation', :path => '../..'

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi there, 

I have a similar issue : 

/Users/ME/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyApp-bvvvrqyaphcjypatuaonbuncaaus/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyScriptInteractiveInk-Runtime/Swift Compatibility Header/MyScriptInteractiveInk_Runtime-Swift.h:168:9: 'MyScriptInteractiveInk_Runtime/MyScriptInteractiveInk_Runtime.h' file not found

I do use CocoaPods > 1.5, I do not use use_frameworks!, I have the local podspec file and I use it like that :

pod 'MyScriptInteractiveInk-UIReferenceImplementation', :path => '.'

I can't start again my project from the GetStartedSwift (for which I have no issue compiling) as migrating all the code will be a hustle.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you for your help.

Cyril.

Dear Cyril,

thank you for contacting us.

Can you please try to delete the  Derived Data of your project and clean your project: https://iosdevcenters.blogspot.com/2015/12/how-to-delete-derived-data-and-clean.html

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment