General questions

Answered

How to erase a stroke in off-screen mode?

How to tell MyScript Interactive Ink SDK that one stroke has been deleted, when I'm using off-screen mode.

Best Answer

Dear Chengkong,

currently, we do not have such feature.

The only way would be that you use the interactive ink, as we have in our "Nebo" application or in the iink Demo and getStarted code samples we provide.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Chengkong,

thank you for contacting us.

I guess, when you mean offscreen mode, you refer to the non-interactive and non-incremental mode?

By definition, there is therefore no way to tell a stroke has been deleted. The only solution is that you remove the stroke and re-process all the strokes.

Is it possible to learn more about your use-case, so that we may think of another way to proceed?

Best regards,

Olivier

thanks for your reply.

What you guesed is absolutely right.

In my use case, in order to consistent with the overall style of my application, I use the app's rendering system to draw, which also has the function of erasing handwriting strokes.

So when a user erase a stroke, I should make iink sdk know which stroke has been removed so that iink can give me a accurate result.

Removing the stroke and reprocessing all the strokes can not be accepted because it will cast a lot of time.

I think this is a simple and easy demand, you can specify a id for each stroke, and I'll tell you the id of the erased stroke. You can make the code using one finger in one minute, so do you have a plan to finish this code?

Answer

Dear Chengkong,

currently, we do not have such feature.

The only way would be that you use the interactive ink, as we have in our "Nebo" application or in the iink Demo and getStarted code samples we provide.

Best regards,

Olivier