iink SDK Web

Answered

No UI Math Export?

Hi there,

I had a play around with the provided example of "iinkJS usage without the UI" for REST applications and it works fine for text. But how would you implement this for math?

I tried changing some of the configurations but the browser side gave back text recognition, which is not what I want

Thank you so much for your time!

Best Answer

Dear Minhtranspam,

thank you for contacting us and your question.

Indeed, as you have noticed, by defaut the iinkJS is configured to TEXT recognition type.

You shall then set it as Math, which can be done as follows:

recognizerContext.editor.configuration.recognitionParams.protocol = 'REST';
recognizerContext.editor.configuration.recognitionParams.iink.text.mimeTypes = requestedMimeType;
recognizerContext.editor.configuration.recognitionParams.type='MATH';
 recognizerContext.editor.configuration.recognitionParams.server

For information, the list of the possible configurations (and default values) is available in our online documentation: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/latest/web/reference/configuration-iinkjs/#common-parameters

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Olivier

Answer

Dear Minhtranspam,

thank you for contacting us and your question.

Indeed, as you have noticed, by defaut the iinkJS is configured to TEXT recognition type.

You shall then set it as Math, which can be done as follows:

recognizerContext.editor.configuration.recognitionParams.protocol = 'REST';
recognizerContext.editor.configuration.recognitionParams.iink.text.mimeTypes = requestedMimeType;
recognizerContext.editor.configuration.recognitionParams.type='MATH';
 recognizerContext.editor.configuration.recognitionParams.server

For information, the list of the possible configurations (and default values) is available in our online documentation: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/latest/web/reference/configuration-iinkjs/#common-parameters

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Olivier

1 person likes this

Hi Oliver @MyScript,

Thank you so much! It Works!

I can now start building the application for math club at school, once again, thank you so much!!!!

Dear Minhtranspam,

thank you for the update, I am glad we could be of help.

Best regards,

Olivier