iink SDK on Device

Answered

It's crashed when I invoke "editor.setPart(contentPart)"

sdk version:  implementation "com.myscript:iink:2.0.1"

project gradle version: gradle:7.2.1

Best Answer

Dear User,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, the above log is not of much help. In order to provide with a more accurate answer, could you please provide us with the logcat, and check which exception you are facing.

Basically, the setPart function, can raise the following errors (see the API documentation):

java.lang.IllegalStateException - when this editor is closed.
java.lang.IllegalStateException - when no IFontMetricsProvider has been set, via setFontMetricsProvider(IFontMetricsProvider)).
java.lang.IllegalStateException - when part is already bound.
java.lang.IllegalStateException - when this editor cannot be configured.

Basically, you shall ensure the editor has been created, you have set a FontMetricsProvider, you do not have a part already set to the editor.

Best regards,

Olivier

Answer

Dear User,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, the above log is not of much help. In order to provide with a more accurate answer, could you please provide us with the logcat, and check which exception you are facing.

Basically, the setPart function, can raise the following errors (see the API documentation):

java.lang.IllegalStateException - when this editor is closed.
java.lang.IllegalStateException - when no IFontMetricsProvider has been set, via setFontMetricsProvider(IFontMetricsProvider)).
java.lang.IllegalStateException - when part is already bound.
java.lang.IllegalStateException - when this editor cannot be configured.

Basically, you shall ensure the editor has been created, you have set a FontMetricsProvider, you do not have a part already set to the editor.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

Thanks a lot for your help, the reason for the error is that I didn't set a FontMetricsProvider, the value is "null".  

Since version 1.3.1 it is normal to set "null",  so I ignored the setting.

Best regards,

Carlos

Dear Carlos,

thank you for the update. I am it works

Indeed, with the latest versions of the iink SDK,a fontmetrics provider shall not be null.

Best regards,

Olivier