General questions

Issues related to custom stroke ink

I encountered the concept of envelope while reading the custom stroke page of the official website developer documentation. After reading and comparing examples, I learned how to apply custom strokes. But I have questions about how to draw strokes, and I have some confusion about the last two pages of code for custom stroke pages. Could you please help me answer? Thank you very much. What I most want to know is the drawing of custom strokes, and I hope you can provide more details

Hello,

I confirm it is not possible to remove the guidelines in a "Text Document" part.

Instead, you shall use a "Text" part, and set the "text.guides.enable" configuration to false.

Best regards,

Olivier

In addition to this I came across today that for the textdocument type, there is no way to get rid of the guides using the strip out guide configuration used in text. I want to get rid of the guide line of the textdocument how do I configure it?

I am very glad to receive your reply. My confusion about customization lies in the Ipath class used for drawing, and I have no contact with path drawing. According to the Api provided by the official and the browsing of related websites, I have doubts about the use and drawing of these classes. The path of the stroke refers to the circle of the pattern that appears when the pen touches a point on the screen, similar to the circle formed by the pen on a piece of paper. Or the path is the path that the pen takes on the screen. It's hard for me to tell. I need to write my own words in the pen so I'm thinking about customizing the curve drawing tool for the pen, but I don't have a clue.

Hello,

thank you for contacting us.

If I understand well, you are facing difficulties implementing your custom stroker?

Is it possible to have more precise information about the difficulties you are facing?

Indeed, from a high level view, the explanation is given at the following link: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/latest/android/advanced/custom-inking/#code-snippets

Basically, your stroker/stroke envelop has to be drawn in the "stroke" function when implementing the IStroker class:
@Override
public void stroke(InkPoint[] input, float width, float pixelSize, IPath output)
{
output.moveTo(input[0].x, input[0].y);
for (int i=1; i< input.length; i++)
{
output.lineTo(input[i].x, input[i].y);
}
}

=>In this example, we do a simple "lineTo" in between points, but you can replace it with the algorithm you prefer:
-Using the "input" information (x, y, t and force/pressure), you could compute the speed to thin or enlarge your stroke
-In the same way, you could use the pressure information (e.g. the high the pressure, the wider the strokes...)

Let us know what you want to achive, so that we can provide with more accurate explanation.

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment