Text

Local Language Packs

I am developing an app to convert Chinese handwriting to digital text. I understand that ATK does not use MyScript cloud recognition servers, it uses the local resource that is available in the package. How can I ensure that the local language pack resources contains all the possible Chinese characters that the user may write?

Dear SK,

in order to use the Chinese language with the Text Widget, first you should download the Chinese language you will be using (Simplified, Traditional, Hong Kong).

Once downloaded, deploy it into the assets of your projects.
After deployement, you should add the language into the configure function you will find into the SampleActivity.java file.

E.g for en_US:
resources = new String[] {
"en_US/en_US-ak-cur.lite.res",
"en_US/en_US-lk-text.lite.res"
};

You should then be able to run the recognition with the language you prefer.

How can I ensure that the local language pack resources contains all the possible Chinese characters that the user may write?
>>MyScript supports the 29331 hanzi from the GB18030 HKSCS (that refers to the support of Hong Kong special characters) Chinese character set standard.

Best regards,

Olivier

I'm trying to Japanese input using the SLTW.
However, it has been set as follows, poor recognition accuracy of Japanese.

NsArray * ja_JP = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:
     [mainBundle pathForResource:@"ja_JP-ak-cur.lite" ofType:@"res"],
     [mainBundle pathForResource:@"ja_JP-ak-iso.lite" ofType:@"res"],
     nil];

Are we wrong way of setting?

Please replace:

[mainBundle pathForResource:@"ja_JP-ak-iso.lite" ofType:@"res"],
     nil];

with

[mainBundle pathForResource:@"ja_JP-lk-text.lite" ofType:@"res"],
     nil];

Thank you for reply.

We have tried to replace the setting, but no longer at all reaction.

How can I do to thick the character size of handwriting?

>How can I do to thick the character size of handwriting?

Sorry,It was resolved.

It has been set to use the Japanese in MLTW, the following error occurs.

@ja_JP-ak-iso.lite error message
2015-02-27 12:04:52.653 MultiLineTextWidget Sample[45322:275038] Fail configuration: Alphabet knowledge resource is unsuitable to this input method (/Users/ipadso/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/D99F783A-5024-463A-878C-171FD6EAFDE8/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/D38DD02C-820B-42C4-921B-B0CAF3F42EF0/MultiLineTextWidget Sample.app/ja_JP-ak-iso.lite.res)

@ja_JP-lk-text.lite error message
2015-02-27 12:06:08.686 MultiLineTextWidget Sample[45412:275924] Fail configuration: Resource file cannot be loaded (/Users/ipadso/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/D99F783A-5024-463A-878C-171FD6EAFDE8/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/24D805C1-54E5-463F-8434-3F11233C23C8/MultiLineTextWidget Sample.app/ja_JP-lk-text.lite.res)

How do I do?

Hello,
For MultiLine Text widget, you should use the following resources:
- ja_JP-ak-cur.lite
- ja_JP-lk-text.lite
Please make sure to enable the reference to the multiline project when you copy the files into XCode.
Replace your code with EN_US by:
[self configureRecognitionForLocale:LOCALE_JP];
and

if ([locale isEqualToString:LOCALE_JP])
{
akCur = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"ja_JP-ak-cur.lite" ofType:@"res"];
lkText = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"ja_JP-lk-text.lite" ofType:@"res"];
}

Hope it helps!

Login or Signup to post a comment