Text

Android: itc demo it´s not working

Hi,

I´m looking to implement itc in my app and I´m trying to use it in a demo Application first. I follow http://doc.myscript.com/MyScriptATK_1.3/Android/itc/index.html examples but it´s not working. I don´t know what view is v.getPointsX or where I must declarate mStrokeBeginTime to use it in SmartStroke.
It´s possible to find a useful example to see how implement the ATK?
I didnt find nothing in google or Github from someone who worked with it before.

Thank you very much in advance.

Dear Durdin,

I am not sure to properly understand your request.

Indeed, these parameters are set and initialized into the MainViewController.java file, which can be found into the com.myscript.atk.itc.sample.controller package of the itc. The MainViewController is then initialized and updated into the SampleActivity.java.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding what you do not understand?

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

sorry if maybe my last post was a bit confuse. I already import the different modules to my project, I have the right dependencies and I created the SimpleResourceHelper with the code from the demo. But my MainActivity is failing in:

// Create a SmartStroke from a list of points (cf. sample for how to capture those points on a touch screen)
SmartStroke stroke = page.getStrokeFactory().createStroke(v.getPointsX(),
v.getPointsY(),
mStrokeBeginTime,
System.currentTimeMillis(),
SmartStroke.StrokeType.RecognitionStroke, null);

I saw that in Demo the code get the view from the MainController, I tried to import it too to my project but still without work.
Same problem with:
` SimpleResourceHelper.ASSETS_LANGUAGES_RESOURCE_DIR'
I don´t see in demo or SimpleResourceHelper code where is that Variable that i´m trying to find in that call.

Hi Durdin,

You are totally right about the « SimpleResourceHelper.ASSETS_LANGUAGES_RESOURCE_DIR ». Indeed this is a mistake on our side. We did not update the online documentation so now you don’t need to take care about that. What you should do is to look at the MainViewController.java file to see how the SimpleResourceHelper is used for configuration. Here is what you need to do:

final List<String> resources = new ArrayList<String>();
resources.add(en_US/en_US-ak-cur.lite.res);
resources.add(en_US/en_US-lk-text.lite.res);
SimpleResourceHelper helper = new SimpleResourceHelper(mContext);
final List<String> paths = helper.getResourcePaths(resources);

// Configure the PageInterpreters
mPageInterpreter.configure(en_US, paths, new ArrayList<String>(), MyCertificate.getBytes(), mContext.getResources().getDisplayMetrics().densityDpi);

This way the configuration should work. Do not hesitate to come back to us if you have any doubt.

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment