Cloud Development Kit

Is it possible to style the write area in the text-web demo?

Just wondering if I will be able to change the write area background to transparent to show my canvas element underneath it, also getting rid of the trash and the back and forth buttons?

Thanks and sorry, I am relative new to html and javascript

Dear Ken Chan,

thank you for your question.

You can indeed change the background area as you prefer and remove the buttons you want.

Best regards,

Hi Olivier,

may I have a sample code of how to go about changing the background on the writing area please, as I want to show my canvas element underneath it.

Also, is myscript only available on a subscription basis? is there a one-off payment option to own it out right?

Dear Ken Chan,

currently you can proceed as follows:

-First, you can download the whole sample at the following location:
-You can then tune it according to your needs: opening the myscript-text-web-masterdocscomponentsmyscriptdemoindex.html file, you can remove the buttons located here:

<h1>MyScriptJS demo</h1>
<button id="trash" disabled>Trash</button>
<button id="undo" disabled>Undo</button>
<button id="redo" disabled>Redo</button>
<label for="languages">Language: </label>
<select id="languages" disabled></select>

-The canvas is defined into the ../dist/myscript.min.css file. You can choose to replace it with the non compressed version of this latter one: ../dist/myscript.min.css
-You can then choose to update the background image by yourself inthis latter file:

canvas[id^=ms-rendering-canvas] {
position: absolute;
height: 100%;
width: 100%;
z-index: 0;
top: 0;
right: 0;

=> You can then play with the samples and tune it, this is the best way to discover the way it works.

Best regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment