Software Development Kit

Is there any rest based API that can be used from any platform?

I am looking to develop a hybrid mobilr application which uses simple JS and I was wondering if there is any rest based API that can be consumed by any client.

Dear Numair Arif,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, I am not sure to properly understand what you mean by "hybrid" application? Are you referring to an application that could work both offline and connected to the internet?

If so, you can find out more information about our offer in the "Get Started" of the developer portal:

Regarding using a rest API, our cloud offer can be used with both REST and WebSocket. More information can be found here: You can then find information how to use the REST API (basically, you should format a JSON query that then needs to be posted on our cloud).

Let us know if more help is needed.

Best regards,

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for replying to my question. I am working on mobile application that is coded in Javascript and it runs on both iOS and Android platforms. I am looking to send the request to your servers via internet from mobile application (not native to any platform). I believe 'offline' won't work in my requirements.

Also, I went through this URL . If we implement this guide in our scenario, I think we might need our own server.

So, in this scenario could MyScript be used in any way or any cloud based service you provide that can used by any client?

Dear Numair,

thank you for the update. Indeed, for such pupose, our cloud offer is the best choice.

We also have a dedicated server offer. For such purpose, you should contact our sales team via the following form:

Nevertheless, I insist this is very demanding as you have to deploy and manage your own dedicated server (at present, our MyScript Server solution can not run on virtual devices), while for our Cloud offer, all this is done by our teams.

What you can do in a first time is start developping your application using our Cloud offer, and if you need to switch to your dedicated server, update the IP address in your application.

Feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment