Text

Mobile vs. Desktop for event recognition

I'm trying to use myscript-text to turn handwriting into text, and it works great on my site on desktop. But, if i switch to mobile (both on an actual phone and emulated through a browser), I am no longer able to drag to write. It does, however, mark the initial touch points on the canvas. Is there a parameter or something I'm missing?

1 person has this question

Dear Doug,

we are glad it is working.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other question.

Best regards,

Olivier

I solved my own problem with a little polyfill research.  The touch-action="none" needed to be an attribute not CSS.  

I'm having the same problem.  I've tried the CSS / meta suggestions with no joy.  When I use my iOS device (iOS11 now) with myscriptJS I see the editor load (via a console.log message).  Any drawing in the editor does nothing but try to scroll the page.  Same behaviour with Chrome and Safari.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple since your math webdemo works.  My DOM is more complicated but still...  

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Chris,

such issues are likely to occur because of parasite events that break the flow.

Sometimes, this is due to the "drag-to-reload" of the browsers. On our side, we de-activate it as follows: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no, shrink-to-fit=no">.

We also set the `touch-action="none"` property on the document.

On your side, did you do any specific change in the source code of your application?

Best regards,

Olivier

Something I noticed today (that only happens on mobile)- it seems like it thinks the touch and drag gesture is attempting to scroll, and is ignoring the canvas. I edited my CSS to disallow scrolling, but that didn't solve the issue. Hopefully this helps!

Olivier, I'm using an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.2 and safari. The same happens on chrome for mac OS X sierra with mobile emulation turned on. Thanks for your help!

Dear Chris,

thank you for contacting us.

What is the configuration of your device?

Best regards,

Olviier

Login or Signup to post a comment