Text

How to create a subset knowledge of lower case english letters for single character recognition?

Hello,

I'm trying to create a subset knowledge of lower case english letters for single character recognition but do not understand the process.  So far I have uploaded a .txt and .sk UTF-8 encoded file, containing abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxzy.   I select ATK and Subset knowledge and then downloaded the corresponding  en_lc.res file.  I then put the .res file in the resources.bundle/resources/en_US directory.  Then to my en.US.conf file, I add,

Name: custom

Type: Text

Configuration-Script:

AddResource latin/latin-ak-superimposed.lite.res

AddResource en_US/en_US_lc.res

SetWordListSize 5

Finally, I changed my config to [_singleCharView configureWithBundle:@"en_US" andConfig:@"custom"]. Unfortunately this does not work and I must be missing something.  When I do this, no letters are being recognized.  How do I make it so it only recognizes lower case letters?

Thanks you for any help,

Eddy

Dear Eddy,

currently, you should proceed as follows:
-create your SK file and save it in utf-8 format (as you did)
-go to the https://developer.myscript.com/support/recognition-assets page
-drop it into the "Drop UTF-8-encoded file here" area
-You will get a compiled res file
-Add the compiled sk file in your bundle (as you did, in the resources.bundle/resources/en_US directory)
-set the configuration as you did:

Configuration-Script:

SetWordListSize 5

-call your configuration, as you did above.

If this doesn't work, feel free to provide us with your compiled sk file.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hello Oliver,

Thank you for confirming I was on the right track.  I was able to get it working by adjusting what I added in the en.US.conf file.  At least for me, when my snippet of code had no spaces at the beginning of the line, it did not work.  So this did not work, 

Configuration-Script:
SetWordListSize 5 

However, this did work, notice the extra 1 space in front of the last 3 lines of code under the Configuration-Script: line,

Configuration-Script:
 SetWordListSize 5 

I'm not sure if that is something I missed in the documentation or a possible bug.  I'm just glad it is working, as the library is very impressive.  Thanks again for your help.

Eddy

Dear Eddy,

I am glad it is working.

Indeed, the configuration file is very sensitive to indentation. Ideally, when creating a custom configuration, we recommend you copy/paste a working configurration and adpat is accoridng to your needs.

Best regards,

Olivier
Login or Signup to post a comment
  • Support
  • Forums
  • Text
  • How to create a subset knowledge of lower case english letters for single character recognition?