Text

"cannot load handwriting resource" for integrating single char Japanese Text

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate and Single Char Widget for writing japanese characters into an Android application.

I was able to have it work perfectly fine for english words but would get the error "cannot load handwriting resource" when I try to configure the Japanese conf file and resources.

So, I first copied the assets folder, with the conf and resources folder of the Japanese text, into my project folder.

then had 

widget.addSearchDir("zip://" + getContext().getPackageCodePath() + "!/assets/conf");

widget.configure("ja_JP", "text");

following the example given and using the ja_JP.conf file: 

Bundle-Version: 1.0

Bundle-Name: ja_JP

Configuration-Script:

AddResDir ../resources/

Name: text

Type: Text

Configuration-Script:

AddResource ja_JP/ja_JP-ak-cur.res

AddResource ja_JP/ja_JP-lk-text.res

AddResource mul/mul-lk-english_secondary_2.res

SetHalfWidthFullWidthScheme AUTO

EnableAlienCharacters

SetTextListSize 1

SetWordListSize 5

SetCharListSize 1

When I try to run the app, the error "cannot load handwriting resource" gets logged and I'm running out of ideas on what the issue might be. Any help?

Thanks,

Randy

Dear Randy,

can you checked the mul-lk-english_secondary_2.res resource has been properly added into the resources directory of your application and that path " mul/mul-lk-english_secondary_2.res" is correct?

Best regards,

Olivier

So I just double checked if the mul-lk-english_secondary_2.res was in the resources folder and that the path was correct as well and still the same thing. Any other ideas as to what it may be?

Dear Randy,

When removing the line "AddResource mul/mul-lk-english_secondary_2.res", is it working properly?

If so, can you please check the indentation in the conf file?

Best regards,

Olivier
Login or Signup to post a comment
  • Support
  • Forums
  • Text
  • "cannot load handwriting resource" for integrating single char Japanese Text