General questions

Compatibility with cross platform IDE

Hello, i want to try out your products. the app i want to develope should be crossplatform and i want to use either Unity or Xamarin.

What i want to use is simple japanese handwriting recognition with the focus on hiragana. I just want to read the letters. I don't want to put them into a context. I want to develop an app for learning the japanese language as part of my semester project.

I know there are a lot off difficulties when trying to include scripts in unity. i will need the dll of your library including all dependencies and then i can only pray that it works. maybe you have experiences to share.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us.

On our side, we did not develop any API or somthinh else to use crossplatform solutions.

We are nevertheless aware of peope who did some tries. You can refer to the following topics:
-https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000020828
-https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000020958

Best regards,

Olivier
Okay it looks a little more complicated so i will try the Cloud version first.
Do you know if it's possible to integrate it using apache tomcat? my project has to use a tomcat server and a mysql server so i don't want to use a 3rd program.

Dear Sir,

currently, the Cloud can be used in two modes, REST or WebSocket.

For the REST API, all you need to do is format a JSON query, then post it on our Cloud server.

For the WebSocket, all you need is being able to create a WebSocket connection to our CDK server.

Based on this, to my knowledge, you should then be able to use apache tomcat.

Best regards,

Olivier

Okay, thank you! Then could you maybe post a link to a tutorial? i'd like to try the REST Version and i'm very new to everything that has to do anything with servers and stuff.

on your site i just found the GIT tutorial

Dear Sir,

you can refer to the API documentation here: http://doc.myscript.com/MyScriptCloud/3.2.0/reference/index.html

It shows how to format REST and WebSocket requests for the CDK.

Best regards,

Olivier

i'm a little confused because i never did any kind of cloud based stuff.

So let me ask you: what i understood in this documentation is that you are not using the actual images of the handwritten character but the x/y Positions of the cursor while drawing is this correct?

is it possible to send images and return the recognized text? or do i have to send all the x/y values? if both is possible: which one is more precise?

and are there limitation to those x/y values? let's say in my android app i let user draw and just log their x/y coordinates while doing so, would they be okay or do i have to use some special methods?

Dear Sir,

Indeed our solution is not designed to recognize images but only digital ink, i.e. x and y coordinates that can be gotten from things such as touch screen, digital pen, tablets...

When getting the x and y coordinates, you should then post these a request on our server.

On our side, we do not have any tool that can extract x and y coordinates from images.

Best regards,

Olivier
Login or Signup to post a comment