iink SDK on Device

Answered

How to change to handwritten text to conversion text automatically?

Hello~

In iink SDK, i want to know that how to change to handwritten text to conversion text automatically

In ATK, can implement by using setBeautificationOption(MathWidgetApi.RecognitionBeautification.BeautifyFontify) - convert automatically

Could you tell me that how to implement in iink SDK?

Thanks

Best Answer

Dear Youngbae Kim,

There is no automatic conversion option in iink SDK, so you have to implement it by yourself.

I would suggest the following:

• create a class that contains a reference to your Editor, a timer and a boolean convertRequired = false
  • after every call to Editor::pointerDown(), stop the timer and set convertRequired = true
  • after every call to Editor::pointerUp() or Editor::pointerCancel(), start the timer with for example 4 seconds time-out
  • when timer expires, if convertRequired == true, call Editor::convert() and set convertRequired = false
It might require some fine tuning, depending on the exact behavior you are looking for, but that should be a good start.
Best regards
Gildas

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Answer

Dear Youngbae Kim,

There is no automatic conversion option in iink SDK, so you have to implement it by yourself.

I would suggest the following:

• create a class that contains a reference to your Editor, a timer and a boolean convertRequired = false
  • after every call to Editor::pointerDown(), stop the timer and set convertRequired = true
  • after every call to Editor::pointerUp() or Editor::pointerCancel(), start the timer with for example 4 seconds time-out
  • when timer expires, if convertRequired == true, call Editor::convert() and set convertRequired = false
It might require some fine tuning, depending on the exact behavior you are looking for, but that should be a good start.
Best regards
Gildas