General questions

MyScript in an Ionic App

Hi everyone! A few friends and I are trying to incorporate MyScript into our Ionic app. Basically, we want one of the app pages to be a canvas where users can handwrite math equations, have them recognized into text, and then solved. This seems like it should be pretty easy to do, but we've been struggling for a few weeks. Does anyone have advice? We've already looked through the web integration examples with angular on GitHub, but can't build on top of that. Thanks in advance!

Dear Ionatan,

thank you for contacing us.

If I understand well, you would like to integrate the MyScript  iink web based in your application.

How did you proceed? Indeed, did you follow the corresponding documentation: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.1/web/overview/introduction/ ?

In order to help you more, we would need more precise questions, as based on the above, it is difficult for u to provide with a more accurate answer.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your response! We are attempting to use MycriptJS, and followed the angular integration examples on GitHub.  This didn’t lead to any errors but the editor object didn’t yield a working canvas. Let me know where I can be more specific!

Thanks,

Ionatan

Dear Ionatan,

We made an example using a simple ionic template which integrates MyScriptJS on the Home page. You can find the example on GitHub.
From what you told us, it seems that you were missing either the style import or the editor height.

Don't hesitate if you have others questions.

Best regards,
Romain.

Hi Romain,

This example is great. Thank you so much!

Best,

Ionatan

A quick follow up to this: if we want to integrate a math canvas that recognizes symbols, converse them to text, and then calculates the output, what steps should we take? We successfully changed 'TEXT' to 'MATH' in the MyScript JS declaration (in the .ts file). After that, can we just follow the MyScriptJS math iink code available on GitHub (https://github.com/MyScript/MyScriptJS/blob/4.1.x/examples/v4/websocket_math_iink.html)? It seems like the button body section can go in the html file for the page, and then the script div can go in the .ts along with where MyScriptJS is declared. Is this correct?

Thanks again!

Hi Ionatan,

Yes it seems correct to me, you can follow the example you referenced, it should work as expected. You will have to bind the control buttons into the .ts file using what we put in the example into the script tag.

Best regards,
Romain.

Hi Romain, 

Thanks so much for your help. We are still really struggling to get the code from the script tag into our .ts file and bind the functions to our html buttons. Is there any way you could send another example showing how the code should be written in the .html and .ts files? Much appreciated! 

Warm regards, 

Ionatan

Login or Signup to post a comment