Interactive Ink

Canvas not working on iOS Safari browser

I noticed that canvas not working on mobile iOS devices, though perfectly works on Android and Windows.

As I saw on MyScript demo page the Safari dragging not working and I think this is what cause issue. I am wondering what should I do to make it work on iOS devices.

I have tried to close touchmove to event on iOS, though that couldn't help.

Please let me know what is the solution for this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Dear Aren Hovsepyan,

First, could you tell us which iOS version are you using ?

Could you also tell us if this example is working on your iOS device ? If it's working, please refer to the code on GitHub to compare with your implementation. 

Best regards,

Romain.

Hi Romain,

First of all thank you for quick response. 

The example works perfectly, as well as I have added meta tags and pep.js, though that works without pep.js perfectly (is pep missing it doesn't throw any error). They didn't help with apple devices issue.

Regarding iOS version, I am using iPad with 10.2,but this doesn't work on iPhone 6/7/8 too.

The application uses React and here the snippet of my index.html file and Canvas element where MyScript is implemented. 

I would be very grateful if you could help me :)

Dear Aren Hovsepyan,

I checked your code and it seems that you forgot to import MyScriptJS in your Canvas.jsx file. You can find an example of a React integration and more specifically the file where we import MyScriptJS.

Best regards,

Romain.

Hi Romain,

I have included MyScript globally in index.html file, because the version of npm is little bit buggy and I can't draw normally even on PC.

Also I mentioned that app works on Android and PC so importing of MyScript would cause issue for all devices, but only problem is iOS devices, but the above method from github isn't working either.

Thanks.

Hi Romain,

I have little bit changed my code and it now works perfectly with the code you provided, though there is still bug with iOS.

I have tried demo for math and it didn't work either on iPad too. 

Is there any way that we could solve/debug issue, since there is huge amount of iOS users?

Best regards,

Aren Hovsepyan

Login or Signup to post a comment