Interactive Ink

Working with Blocks.

Hey! I'm having some issues while working with blocks in a Text Document, I was hoping you'll be able to give me a hand?

First, Is there any way of resizing an already existing block? Or, in the worst case, create a new one with a bigger size and the contents of the previous one? So far I've found the box property on the IINKContentBlock Class Reference, but it's listed as a readonly. Would just extending this class to make it writable work?

Also, I've notice a difference between converted text when using a Text part and using a Text Document part with Text blocks:

Text Part:

Text Document Part:

Any way of being able to style the converted blocks so they would look more alike? And also been able to keep writing on a text block which has been already converted, as it's working when using a Text part?

And by last, any way of editing the look of the squares which are automatically created when using any of the other blocks?

Thanks!

Dear Gonzalo,

thank you for your questions.

To answer these:

First, Is there any way of resizing an already existing block?

>>No, our API doesn't give the possibility to re-size a block giving size! Please see below explanations:

Or, in the worst case, create a new one with a bigger size and the contents of the previous one? So far I've found the box property on the IINKContentBlock Class Reference, but it's listed as a readonly. Would just extending this class to make it writable work?

>>Currently, we do not plan to make it writable. What you can do is indeed add the content of a previous block to a Text Document using the copy/paste function of the Editor class. This will normally work, and automatically resizes the ContentBlock accordingly.

If not already done, you can also have a look to the block-management part of the documentation. If explains everything on ContentBlocks: https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.1/android/fundamentals/editing/#block-management

Any way of being able to style the converted blocks so they would look more alike? And also been able to keep writing on a text block which has been already converted, as it's working when using a Text part?

>>When calling the Convert function, you can set the targetState as you prefer: http://cocoadocs.org/docsets/MyScriptInteractiveInk-Runtime/1.0.0/Classes/IINKEditor.html#//api/name/convert:targetState:error:.

If you want to be able to keep writing, we recommend you set it to DIGITAL_EDIT (the following 3 values are available: HANDWRITING, DIGITAL_PUBLISH, DIGITAL_EDIT).

And by last, any way of editing the look of the squares which are automatically created when using any of the other blocks?

>>This is indeed not possible. Nevertheless, we note your remark.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hey Oliver! As usual, thanks a lot for your quick responses!

Just to double check then, there is no way of moving or resizing a block as it's being done on the nebo app. Is that correct?

Like this? https://youtu.be/UwOeZTJ7Wu8?t=7m

Thanks

Dear Gonzalo,

currently, in a text document, you can move the blocks exactly as done in the Nebo application. This cannot be done with the API but in the UI, as in Nebo!

Best regards,

Olivier

Okey, that will do. (Hope you guys will enable this from the API as well at some point!)

Do I have to do anything to enable this function? Right now all kind of touches are being read by the inputView and passed to the editor

thanks!

Sorry Oliver, Any ideas how can I enable this function?

Thanks

Hey Oliver, sorry for all the messages.

I manage to make it work (not completely sure how, though... but I guess using only pen touch made most of the trick.

I have a new question now, regarding the design of the "canvas manipulation box". Is there any way I can control the look & feel of it to make it more stylish? (something like nebo?)

Thanks for your help!

Hey Oliver

Any tips you could give me with this look & feel? Is there any way I can change how it looks when editing a block?

Thanks!

Dear Gonzalo,

currently, this look and feel is Nebo specific, and is not available at present in ink. We cannot commit at present when it will be available in iink.

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment