Interactive Ink

Iink IOS - Crash using Diagram block on a Text Document

Hey Guys.

I just wanted to let you know we've been experiencing crashes while using a Diagram block inside a Text Document part.

We've been working with around 20 boxes (connected with about 12 lines) in the Diagram and we've experienced some crashes with this.

This is the stacktrace, in case it helps. Let me know if I can provide any other kind of data which would be useful.

St12out_of_rangemyscript::iink::NeboBackend::addContentNode(float, float, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, myscript::iink::MimeType, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&)

DcWealthmyscript::iink::NeboBackend::addContentNode(float, float, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, myscript::iink::MimeType, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&)
DcWealthmyscript::iink::EditorImpl::addBlock(float, float, myscript::iink::String const&, myscript::iink::MimeType, myscript::iink::String const&)
DcWealthmyscript::iink::EditorImpl::addBlock(float, float, myscript::iink::String const&)
DcWealth-[IINKEditor addBlock:type:error:]
Interactive-Ink/Classes/ViewControllers/EditorViewController.m:540:11-[EditorViewController addBlockWithParameters:]
Interactive-Ink/Classes/ViewControllers/EditorViewController.m:503:2-[EditorViewController addNewBlockWithContentType:andText:withCompletition:]
Interactive-Ink/Classes/ViewControllers/EditorViewController.m:483:2-[EditorViewController addNewBlockWithContentType:andText:]
Interactive-Ink/Classes/IinkManager/IinkManager.m:4-[IinkManager createBoxWithContentType:forControllerId:]

Dear Just,

thank you for pointing this.

Currently, this doesn't correspond to a know issue.

Is it possible to have the configuration you provide when calling the "addBlock" function to add your diagram block?

Also, can you please describe your use-case? If I understand well, you add a block in a "text document" part (before adding the diagram block, the text document is empty?), and you then add boxes and connect these?

Is it possible to have a screenshot of your diagram before crash (or a video)?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Olivier

Hey Oliver

Here's the actual line, I'm not sure if this is the one you requested for

NSError* error;
		block = [self.editor addBlock:pos type:contentType error:&error];

pos is a CGPoint with coordinates x = 0, y = 50

contentType is a NSString with @"Diagram"

Here's a link with a video replicating the crash (it actually happened on the first try)

https://cloud.gonxas.com/index.php/s/TR5PBRBw4Ek4XkB

Can I help you any other way?

Dear Just,

we are currently a bit puzzled by this crash.

Can you confirm the text resources (en_US-ak-cur.res and en_US-lk-text.res) are in the assets of your project? Indeed, it looks like the crash occurs when the diagram mode recognizes text.

Best regards,

Olivier

Bundle-Version: 1.0
Bundle-Name: diagram
Configuration-Script:
 AddResDir ../resources

Name: analyzer
Type: Analyzer
Configuration-Script:
 AddResource analyzer/ank-diagram.res
 SetProcessingLevel TEXT_LINES

Name: shape
Type: Shape
Configuration-Script:
 AddResource shape/shk-diagram.res

The diagram does recognize text, though

Dear Just,

I just tried to reproduce but was not able to. I proceed exactly like you did:

-I created a Text Document part

-In this part, I add a Diagram block

-For nearly half an hour, I stressed the app, but it always went fine.

Is it possible to have your project, so that we can try to reproduce?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment