Interactive Ink

Xamarin Android Bindings Library Now On Nuget

Hi everyone! I recently created a bindings library for Xamarin.Android available on nuget.org as a prerelease.

Github: https://github.com/vjlomocso/MyScript.InteractiveInk.Android

NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/MyScript.InteractiveInk.Android/

I would like to make sure if MyScript permits this. I licensed my repo with MIT. However, I also indicated that I do not own the native android libraries provided by MyScript and included their license file below mine.

In NuGet, I also used MyScript's license instead of my MIT one to make it consistent with the UWP version already available on NuGet.

I'm new to authoring NuGet packages so if you guys have experience please give me some pointers.

I'm also currently working to create a ui reference implementation similar to what we have in the documentations. In the future, I plan to add those for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Forms

Hi Virgil,

Thank you for your question.

We are really pleased that you are enjoying developing using the MyScript Interactive Ink SDK through our dev portal and we recognize the hard work you have done in creating these libraries. However, we don’t allow sublicensing of our SDKs without a special technology license in place which would require you to pay development fees. With this in mind, we kindly ask you to remove our librairies from Nuget and Github. You may of course include an explicative file stating how to find our libraries through our dev portal. We also have to inform you that “MyScript Interactive Ink” and “MyScript iink” are registered trademarks, this means that you can’t use these terms to describe your own libraries as this could lead someone to believe that MyScript has developed your libraries. You can of course state in the description that your libraries are to be “linked with MyScript Interactive Ink libraries” or “are compatible with MyScript Interactive Ink” as this is considered to be reasonable use of the trademark.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding,

MyScript Support Team

Thanks. I have deleted my repository and nuget package.

Dear Virgil,

thank you for this.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other question.

Best regards,

Olivier

Login or Signup to post a comment