General questions

Answered

what's the difference between landscape and portrait

hi

i have a problem now. when it's portrait, i can identify more graphics than when it's landscape.

but my program will run on landscape, could you please help me solve this problem, thank you!

Best Answer

Dear Chai Chenxum,

thank you for the update.

First, the github project you provided contains your certificate. We insist you are responsible fo it, we then invite you to remove it ASAP from github, to prevent any mis-usage.

After looking at your source code, it appears for your renderer (engine.createRenderer(dpiX, dpiY, null)), you set the view size (x and y view size), while you should set your input device resolution (e.g. the resolution of your pen and per device, or tablet...): https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.2/android/advanced/off-screen-usage/#common-pitfalls
You should then update your calls to the "MyScriptService" constructor replacing the width and height with the x and y resolution of your device (based on the experience we have, x and y resolutions are usually similar, around 100). This explains why the results where differing in between landscape and portrait.

i also want to know how to make it only translate to graphs, not text.
sometimes i draw a ellipse, it translate it to a number:0
>>Is it occurring in your latest version of the code you attached? Indeed, I am a bit puzzled as you set the "diagram.convert.text" to false, it is not likley to occur. Can you pelase check again?

Also, once more , I insist the primary goal of the Diagram is to recognize text mixed with shapes, and we have no way "to force" shape recognition. Even when disabling "diagram.convert.text", "text" will be returned as "non shape". Please kee that in mind.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Chai Chenxun,

thank you for contacting us and your question.

Currenly, when rotating between the landscape and portrait mode, you should ensure you re-create your renderer and editor, as done in the setEngine function of the EditorView.java file.

Indeed, you understand that the displayMetrics changes, and thus renderer and editor have to be re-set accordingly.

Best regards,

Olivier

hi

i do re-create my renderer and editor, but the problem still exist.

and i set the program as landscape mode  

android:screenOrientation=”landscape”

the recognition rate is still not high

Dear Chai Chenxun,

currently, I guess you disabled the text conversion as followed: conf.setBoolean("diagram.convert.text", false); ?

Also, as you are using the batch mode, did you set the resolution to the one of your input device when calling the "createRenderer" function? Indeed, this is of importance, as the Diagram is very sensitive to it.

Also, can you please provide us with the ink samples you provide to the iink, so that we can reproduce on our side?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Olivier

hi

in my program, i found that it always translate my painting to text rather than graph when it's landscape mode

for example, if i draw a triangle, it will translate it to "△", rather than a regular graph.

how to make it to recognize my painting as graphs not text ?

Dear Chai Chenxun,

First, please ensure you set the "diagram.convert.text" to false when setting your configuration. This is done as follows: conf.setBoolean("diagram.convert.text", false);

As said in the previous post, in order to investigate further, we need an ink sample you got from your device.

Also, did you set the proper resolution, as the Diagram is very sensittive to the latter?

Last, it should be kept in mind that the Diagram mode first purpose is not the shape recognition, so it may not be perfect for such purpose. Keep that in mind.

Waiting for your ink sample,

Best regards,

Olivier

hi

this is my sample

I’m looking forward to your reply,thank you

Answer

Dear Chai Chenxum,

First, the github project you provided contains your certificate. We insist you are responsible fo it, we then invite you to remove it ASAP from github, to prevent any mis-usage.

After looking at your source code, it appears for your renderer (engine.createRenderer(dpiX, dpiY, null)), you set the view size (x and y view size), while you should set your input device resolution (e.g. the resolution of your pen and per device, or tablet...): https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.2/android/advanced/off-screen-usage/#common-pitfalls
You should then update your calls to the "MyScriptService" constructor replacing the width and height with the x and y resolution of your device (based on the experience we have, x and y resolutions are usually similar, around 100). This explains why the results where differing in between landscape and portrait.

>>Is it occurring in your latest version of the code you attached? Indeed, I am a bit puzzled as you set the "diagram.convert.text" to false, it is not likley to occur. Can you pelase check again?

Also, once more , I insist the primary goal of the Diagram is to recognize text mixed with shapes, and we have no way "to force" shape recognition. Even when disabling "diagram.convert.text", "text" will be returned as "non shape". Please kee that in mind.

Best regards,

Olivier

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Olivier